Group build idea for forum

Started by Michael Shillabeer, July 19, 2013, 08:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Shillabeer

Hello

Group Builds - this is not an original idea, but one I've stolen from http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/threads.asp?t=140

The basic idea is that the forum members decide on a subject, sets a period of time for construction and then blog their progress. At the end of the time period a moderator creates a photo album of completed models.

There's no judgement or prizes.

Subjects selected by military modellers seem to be time centric i.e. currently debating WW1 subjects for next year's 100th aniversary.

We could be more type centric i.e. wagons, coaches, locos etc. so members can build something appropriate for their layout.

The forum would need a new topic area to hold the blogs.

What do you think?

Michael

Oldman

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Michael Shillabeer

Thanks Mike

Sorry, I hadn't noticed this topic.

I tend to just read the recent posts displayed on the homepage - not enough time in a day to go searching through directories!

Michael

upnick

Sure you'd be most welcome to  join in with a build Michael    ...... go  for it   ;)   

As you say the builds could form   part  of the layout i   do them on  thick  card or small  sections of  foam  board for ease of handling when  working on  the subject,   once  installed on the layout some ground cover helps blend everything in  &  you'd never know it was built away from the layout  ( tip  if  your using  a  particular mix of a ground  cover  mix enough to ensure theres enough  left  to  be able to blend it into the  overall  scene of the layout)

:toot:

Tank

Thanks Michael.  Suggestions are always very welcome on here.

The project section has some wonderful models and dioramas created.  I wish that it was more popular, but it's understandable that not everyone can have the time or money to join in.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations