Layout trackplan collection

Started by mr magnolia, May 15, 2013, 08:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr magnolia

I don't think we have a dedicated space for uploading and displaying layout trackplans, do we?
I mean the trackplans relating to real layouts that we have in real life, rather than what we would like to have.
I love looking at trackplans, and a collection of our very own real ones would be great.
I appreciate that many trackplans are tucked away within the layout construction threads, but that's not quite the same as browsing a bunch of stuff that you know has been built, and that you could actually then look at the associated thread...

Thought prompted really by this months BRM, containing beautiful keighley club layout. And no trackplan.

Perhaps it's just a case of creating a shared album in the media section, where we can upload a trackplan and a link to the associated layout thread?

Any other thoughts out there?

Donald

Sprintex

Sounds like a good idea to me, would also act like a "quick reference" to the layouts. Maybe with the addition of a Sticky thread in the 'Layout Construction' forum to direct anyone venturing in to the album? :thumbsup:

Paul

Tank

Sounds great!  If anyone has any spare time and can create them on any software programs, then screen-shot them, then that would be great. :thumbsup:

Please email them to me and I'll put them into an album. :ngfemailsign:

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Mustermark

That's a really neat idea.  I thought the same thing about BRM not showing a trackplan when Model Rail always does.  But the idea to keep an album on here is a great idea.

I liked Sprintex's idea too... We could always have a sticky with the link to the album on the layout construction board.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Jack

Sounds good to me too. It could help new members, (as well as old ones) with questions relating to ideas for track plans etc.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Sprintex

Quote from: Tank on May 15, 2013, 01:08:31 PM
Sounds great!  If anyone has any spare time and can create them on any software programs, then screen-shot them, then that would be great. :thumbsup:

Err, I was under the impression Donald meant trackplans that have already been posted in individual construction threads, and therefore have already been 'created'? So it would just be a case of collating them into one album ;)

If that is the case I think we'd have to restrict it to trackplans created using a proper program, eg, Anyrail, Winrail, XTrackCad, etc.

Paul

@Tank: Is there any way the picture in the gallery can link to the layout thread?

mr magnolia

I was meaning 'plans of layouts that memberrs have actually built'

I think that could include hand drawn plans as well as computer stuff? could be to any scale also, as long as the key dimensions are noted.

but yes, I am sort of assuming that the plans already exist so can be 'provided' to the album.

thanks for moving it forward though! I will forward my own plan next week, when I can get at a proper computer again. (I'm a little confused as to exactly where my trackplan is)

I've just got to pop to *cough* New York first...

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations