Uploading photos

Started by Calnefoxile, April 02, 2013, 08:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calnefoxile

Chaps & Chapessess,

I seem to be having major issues uploading photos to My Albums in the Media section.

I tried to upload 20 photos last night using the Mass Upload function, I followed the instructions checked that I haven't disabled JavaScript or Flash media and then selected my photos.

The first one seemed to go ok, but when the `current file progress` had reached 100% and the `overall progress` had reached something like 4% the process just stopped and bombed me out to the login page again. I tried this 2 or 3 times and eventually gave up  :headbutt: :headbutt:

I could have uploaded the photos 1 by 1, but I would have been at it all night :computerangry: :computerangry:

I can only think I was doing something wrong, or I didn't give the forum enough of a chance to actually do something with the photo it had told me it had uploaded, but in my defence the swirly bar had stopped swirling as well.

Regards

Neal.

trainsdownunder

Had a problem earlier today with a couple of pics, but allof a sudden it seemed to to right itself. No problems since and have uploaded a further set without a hitch.

Pengi

Are the files too big? Sorry if you have already checked this
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

trainsdownunder

Mine were all under 1Mb in size. In fairness I only experienced the problem for around 15 mins. I just put it down to maintenance as it would have been early am UK time.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Pengi on April 02, 2013, 09:34:28 AM

Each file was about 4Mb, but according to the Mass Upload instructions, max file size is 30000Kb, which to me is 30Mb  :confused1: :confused1:

regards

Neal.

scotsoft

Quote from: Calnefoxile on April 02, 2013, 10:02:57 AM
Quote from: Pengi on April 02, 2013, 09:34:28 AM

Each file was about 4Mb, but according to the Mass Upload instructions, max file size is 30000Kb, which to me is 30Mb  :confused1: :confused1:

regards

Neal.

Hi Neal,

The 4Mb was probably the problem, it takes the program a while to process the larger files.
Not to worry I could view your link fine, great layout  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Pengi

Given that these are viewed over the web, 4MB might be a bit of an overkill. I think you should be able to get away with 500kb or 250kb. Just a thought
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations