Forum column widths?

Started by Sprintex, March 13, 2013, 07:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Have you tried pressing Ctrl and turn your mouse wheel that will alter the size of the page. might make your text smaller though.
Geoff

daveg

Re Geoff's suggestion; It's an idea to try but I have my 'zoom' set at 110% as default for all web based viewing and have no problems.

Dave G

Sprintex

Dave, yes I tried IE9 and my laptop slowed to a stop, had to revert to V8 ;)

I would guess it would be OK on a widescreen laptop, sadly can't afford to replace mine at the moment! Tried last night changing the zoom to 90% so it all fits, some of the smilies go a bit fuzzy at that resolution though :goggleeyes:

Paul

Geoff

I honestly find internet explorer hard work I have had lots of trouble with it, I have tried numerous different internet programs and the best that works for me is Google Chrome, I have adapted it to the way I like it, not sure what it would be like on an old conventional laptop.

Hope you can get satisfaction out of your laptop nothing worse when they do not do as they are told.
Geoff

daveg

Hi Paul

A real pain and sorry I can't think of a solution for you. I have no idea why you should suddenly have the problem.

Guess you could ask a real PC 'expert' who may advise or go online and see if there's a fix. Is the problem purely with the forum site or do you get it when viewing others with similar layouts?

I get mixed up with frames and tables on website design as it's been too long since I was involved in such but I know certain bits can cause problems with some browsers.

Best of luck and hope you get it sorted.

Dave G

Sprintex

Thanks for your help Geoff and Dave :thumbsup:

I'm guessing a real PC 'expert' would tell me to bin it and get a new one :D This is the only forum I use so can't compare to others either. Oh well, have to live with it I suppose. I still reckon that left column has got wider though! ;)

Paul

Tank

Well, I've always said the this isn't Internet Explorer friendly.   :firefox:  Not that is doesn't work, as I use IE8 at work with no problems on the forum.

I'm not sure exactly what Emanuele did, but he fixed an issue with large URL links and large pictures 'breaking out' of the area that is designated for posts.  Nothing has changed visually on the four screens that I use daily, and it doesn't seem to be a major problem for anyone else. :-\  Hopefully we can figure something out, but in the meantime please save your money for a new laptop/PC! :P :D

swisstony

If using IE8, try setting the site to run in compatability mode and see what happens ?

Tools -->
Compatability Mode Settings -->
Add http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk
Click Close.

Sprintex

Quote from: swisstony on March 15, 2013, 09:48:20 AM
If using IE8, try setting the site to run in compatability mode and see what happens ?

A: Nothing  :laugh: Thanks for trying though.

Quote from: Tank on March 15, 2013, 09:35:17 AM
. . .  but in the meantime please save your money for a new laptop/PC! :P :D

I try but Dapol/Farish keep taking my Laptop fund away  :D

Paul

Tank

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%