Took some stock to the club last night............

Started by Newportnobby, February 15, 2024, 11:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

That looks like a nice layout on which to run stock and a nice selection of locos and wagons.
Which club is it?
Cheers
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

crewearpley40

Lovely scenery. Looks like a lovely layout to operate and thanks for the videos

Bealman

Yeah, please tell them that's a nice looking layout. Thumbs up from the antipodes!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bluedepot

Newportnobby

A somewhat shaky vid of my Schools on the club layout. Dunno why but although I know I have shaky hands I find it awkward to use my phone for these.....

Schools loco on Heatherley by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

Newportnobby

One for @Bealman from last night as I know he has a soft spot for these. It's pretty ancient but still runs very smoothly (as opposed to its owner who is also pretty ancient but can't run to save his life :-[ )

GWR railcar on Heatherley by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

PennineWagons

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 29, 2024, 12:57:51 PMits owner who is also pretty ancient but can't run to save his life

Sounds like the old 'split gears' problem, it's very common in models of a certain vintage.
PW

Newportnobby

Dependent on how much stock I take to the club I use the foam inserts from JB Modelworld in either their blue plastic boxes or in my aluminium 'flight case' and have noticed when unpacking the stock there are often loose couplings discovered in the trays. It seems the foam particularly likes snagging a coupling or two. I always lie stock on their sides in the trays, my thinking being with the coupling being central it shouldn't get snagged.
Does anyone else suffer this 'coupling munching syndrome' and, if so, how do you cure it please?
Maybe the use of some sort of liner??

Steven B

Acid free tissue paper, available from Hobby Craft and art shops is great for stopping couplings, brake levers and other bits snagging on foam.

Steven B

Newportnobby

Quote from: Steven B on March 10, 2024, 05:15:26 PMAcid free tissue paper, available from Hobby Craft and art shops is great for stopping couplings, brake levers and other bits snagging on foam.

Steven B

Thanks, Steven. I pride myself on taking good care of my stock so will be searching some out. I can spend a couple of hours the day after a clubnight just putting stock back in it's original boxes c/w correct running numbers.

Steven B

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 10, 2024, 06:37:09 PMI can spend a couple of hours the day after a clubnight just putting stock back in it's original boxes c/w correct running numbers.

I used to do that but eventually decided to split stock into fixed trains, each of which lives in its own storage box (JB's Model World, Kato, DIY).

Steven B

Newportnobby

Took some more stock to the club last night.
First one is for @Bealman just to get him all unnecessary :-X

Blue Pullman on Heatherley (1) by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

Then my trusty UM 'City of Truro' with a 'B' set

City of Truro + B set on Heatherley by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

and lastly a class 24 with my RevolutioN class B tanks. Humble apologies to the purists but I forgot to take a barrier wagon :doh:

Class 24 + class B tanks on Heatherley by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations