The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebrighton

Quote from: emjaybee on March 06, 2021, 09:45:34 AM

If you're given a choice of larger jobs (steadier income), and small jobs (more sporadic/inefficient income) what would you do?

Covid has only been here a year, not decades.....

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on March 06, 2021, 11:13:09 AM
@stevewalker i had an embarrassing visit from a washing machine service agent when the door on our washing machine wouldn't open. He came in, pressed the child lock that I had accidentally pushed, grinned at me and left.

Given my luck with traders I'd still have copped for a call out fee ::)

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 06, 2021, 11:56:50 AM
@stevewalker i had an embarrassing visit from a washing machine service agent when the door on our washing machine wouldn't open. He came in, pressed the child lock that I had accidentally pushed, grinned at me and left.

Given my luck with traders I'd still have copped for a call out fee ::)
it was an insurance job. We have insurance with D & G on the washer. Repair or replace.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

I would never admit to that  :no: ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

I once drove 180 miles, to find out why a customer's test equipment wasn't working..

They'd lent against THEIR big red safety switch on the wall. ,

A night in the hotel, drove  180 miles back to base..

Yes they got the bill. Though I got nothing for it but my normal wages.

stevewalker

Not that unfortunately. When the cycle is started, the lock symbol lights up. At the end of the cycle, the symbol flashes for a couple of minutes and then the door unlocks. If the child lock is on, it flashes throughout instead. In this case, the cycle ended, but the symbol stayed permanently on and nothing progressed from there.

It has happened before, but not for over a year. This time was just about the most inconvenient moment possible

After being left off for a few hours, everything has gone back to normal and it has done a few washes with no problem.

lil chris

I am very angry today with my wifes doctors, she is 60 and has not heard from them till today regarding a covid vaccination. She had a letter from the NHS but we were unable to get a appointment near to us, the letter said if you can not find one convenient to you wait for your doctors to contact you. She is 60 , she had a stroke sept 2018 so she is vulnerable and she works at a school. We managed to make a appointment for a jab on Sunday the 21st of March, still over a week off. Today she received a letter from her doctors saying they had been trying to contact her about a covid vaccination, with a link for a site, which locked up when we tried to see what was available. The letter was dated 22 Feb, 17 days ago, so they have really tried hard to contact her. So was it slow snail mail or did they not post it for a few days ?
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

honestjudge

You could contact your local patient advice and liaison service and complain. You can find them on the NHS website.

Malc

There are problems with Royal Mail due to staffing shortages. We had a birthday card delivered two weeks after it was posted. My GP uses texts to keep in touch.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest311

not happy today

council tax letter arrived today and guess what ?

increases for police ...
can't remember the last time I saw any

increase for county council ...
who last year managed to screw up the highways maintainance contract, and was fined 4 million pound by the high court
oh, and they still can't manage to repair pot holes

oh, and also county council increase for social care ...
would be great, but they seem to be determined to close most of the day care centres and youth centres.

district council increase as well ...
not exactly sure why, no details

no increase for the town council though, mind you the help point has been closed for nearly a year, no point in applying for a bus pass and the local route cancelled because of problems with parked cars

so, all in all another £80 a year for even less services.
wish my pensions had gone up this year by that much, but no chance.

by the way, this will take a while to possibly be approved, as I'm on report..

since then have posted three posts, but removed two of them when they were still awaiting moderation after over 24 hours.

lil chris

Am not blaming Royal Mail, for crying out loud the letter came from about 15mins walk from our house, they could have put the letter on the back of a snail and it would have been quicker. It was probably sat in a tray somewhere waiting to be posted.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on March 12, 2021, 12:43:16 PM
since then have posted three posts, but removed two of them when they were still awaiting moderation after over 24 hours.

[gmod]Highly unlikely as it is rare for me to be 'off duty' for that amount of time and I've seen none awaiting approval[/gmod]

The Q

Quote from: lil chris on March 12, 2021, 05:01:24 PM
Am not blaming Royal Mail, for crying out loud the letter came from about 15mins walk from our house, they could have put the letter on the back of a snail and it would have been quicker. It was probably sat in a tray somewhere waiting to be posted.
The letter of course would take a longer route, for instance If I were to put a letter in the post box outside my house for the neighbour . It would collected, taken to the area post office 5 miles away, then loaded in a lorry, taken to the nearest sorting office 25miles away.
Sorted, brought back to the area post office, split Into runs, then sent out.. a 50 mile round trip to go 10 yards, and I'm sure many areas have a longer route outside cities.

PS Last week my sister's NHS letter was sent to the wrong house, luckily to the address of some who knows her nearby.
PPS I'm awaiting a parcel sent via royal mail, the tracker shows "sorry there has been a delay"

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 12, 2021, 09:15:37 PM
Quote from: class37025 on March 12, 2021, 12:43:16 PM

Highly unlikely as it is rare for me to be 'off duty' for that amount of time and I've seen none awaiting approval

sorry Mick, but one still showing in 'my posts' made March 11, 2021, 05:18:31 PM as Note: This message is awaiting approval by a moderator. 

I was surprised, as I know you are usually on the ball.

Newportnobby

I've checked back on your posts and there isn't one for 11th March, Alan.
That suggests it's been removed although I can see no sign of it anywhere ???

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations