The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffin

Quote from: Ozymandias on August 24, 2016, 01:47:44 PM
Fuming. Spent ages cleaning, servicing and testing a very sweet little Fleischmann 2-6-0 tank, got it running really sweetly and sold it on eBay.

The buyer has just sent me a request to return it because it arrived broken - the (very strong) postal tube I used to send it had been absolutely squashed flat in the post, despite the "FRAGILE" tape adorning both ends. All the valve gear's in bits and it looks like the shell is badly damaged.

It's not that it's cost me money, although it has - it's the sadness of a lovely loco being ruined by some clumsy oaf from the Royal Mail. :(  :veryangry:

Sometimes I think they see "Fragile" as a challenge.

Jon898

Quote from: Buffin on August 26, 2016, 12:13:45 PM

Sometimes I think they see "Fragile" as a challenge.

The same way the label "Photographs Do Not Bend" used to attract the scribbled notation "Oh, yes they do!"

Snowwolflair

I remember that the joke shop in Glasgow received a case of glass stink bombs from ParcelForce.

They would not admit they had dropped the box..........  Most of the City center knew they had.   :D

javlinfaw7

Tam Shephard's is still there and has not change in at least 50 years

Snowwolflair

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on August 26, 2016, 04:00:34 PM
Tam Sephardi is still there and has not change in at least 50 years

More like 100 years - I seem to remember it was a returned soldier from the great war who founded it.

dannyboy

Quote from: Malc on August 26, 2016, 09:33:00 AM
Posts in that context is a noun, referring to the item, not the act of doing it. Similarly text on phones is a noun referring to the note, not the act of writing it. So there :moony: :moony:

I love the English language - we can text a text and post the post. We can even drink a drink and we can see the sea. We read a book and then say that it has been read. Now whether the weather will be ........... sorry! I'll go now  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Yet_Another

Extremely hacked off.

Postie has taken it upon himself to deliver a signed-for item to someone else at another address, while helpfully not leaving any indication that he's done it.

I will now not be getting my eBay purchase until some time next week, assuming that I can get anyone to own up to receiving said parcel.

Beggars belief.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Agrippa

Quote from: dannyboy on August 26, 2016, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: Malc on August 26, 2016, 09:33:00 AM
Posts in that context is a noun, referring to the item, not the act of doing it. Similarly text on phones is a noun referring to the note, not the act of writing it. So there :moony: :moony:

I love the English language - we can text a text and post the post. We can even drink a drink and we can see the sea. We read a book and then say that it has been read. Now whether the weather will be ........... sorry! I'll go now  :)

In this case where a verb become a noun that is a gerund,
eg "my wife's cooking is awful"  in which the verb "cooking "
becomes a noun as a substitute for meals, dinners, food  etc.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Malc

I believe you can find out who signed for it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Quote from: Yet_Another on September 01, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
Extremely hacked off.

Postie has taken it upon himself to deliver a signed-for item to someone else at another address, while helpfully not leaving any indication that he's done it.

I will now not be getting my eBay purchase until some time next week, assuming that I can get anyone to own up to receiving said parcel.

Beggars belief.

Depending on your relationship with your postman, I would be inclined to lodge a formal complaint. Royal Mail has failed to deliver the item to the name and address shown.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Surely the problem lies now with whoever sent the item to you as you can call them and say you have not received the item and require a refund from them. They should have the tracking number and so be able to use the 'Track & Trace' website
If you don't want to go down that road I suggest you call your local sorting office to tell them what the problem is.
If the postie didn't put a card through your letter box how do you know he's given it to someone else?

mark100

Quote from: Malc on September 01, 2016, 11:04:31 PM
I believe you can find out who signed for it.
That's what I thought
If the postman picks an address out at Random, he MUST put a note through your door stating where he has posted it, If not, it can be led up to disciplinary action on the postman.

You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Bealman

I've lost my old passport due to courier systems,.

Bring back model shops where you see something and pay cash.  >:D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Snowwolflair

QuoteI've lost my old passport due to courier systems

Last used to illegally enter Germany, and it only cost him £500!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Snowwolflair on September 02, 2016, 12:05:20 PM
QuoteI've lost my old passport due to courier systems

Last used to illegally enter Germany, and it only cost him £500!

Yeah - my first suspects would be John le Carré or Frederick Forsyth :uneasy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations