The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Oh, for it to be raining! We are in a major bushfire crisis where I live!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Pete Mc

Well,new update on my little situation.

Today,I managed to speak to my insurers who have told me that the phone number on my insurance certificate isn't the correct one and that buried in the paperwork is an 0800 number!

Next,having gone through all the stuff with a call handler I was then passed onto the personal car insurance claims dept.Again a big exclamaition mark!

Now the news is not brilliant but all I'm entitled to as far as a courtesy or hire car is concerned is a 48hr emergency hire.This is neither use nor ornament to me as I need something to tide me over until a decision is made with regards to mine,which I reckon will be written off.One possible indication of this is when the recovery agent collected the car from the scene of the crash,he told me it was going to a salvage yard.The insurance company never told me this.

They told me it would be recovered for assessment.The only time I would be entitled to a courtesy car is if they decide to repair but due to the cars value,age etc,they will most likely just pay me out.

Another thing,the insurers told me to ask the police to supply me details of the other vehicle involved,which due to data protection,they could not do.The police then directed me to speak to the insurers and tell them to ring the South Yorkshire Police to obtain these details.I did this and do you know what,its not company policy to do this!

I think this whole debacle might go on a bit.

So much for my hope of a quick,efficient and speedy settlement.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Bealman

Pete, I don't really want to add to your woes, but it has been my lifelong experience with insurance companies that they will crawl around on their stomachs to find any little loophole they can to wriggle through to get out of coughing up.

Stick in there, mate - don't take any you-know-what from them. :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Hate to say it, Pete, but George sums insurance companies up :thumbsup:
When someone ran into the back of my car they took the position I was making a claim and so removed all my NCB and multiplied my premium x 5 until finally the guy fessed up with court proceedings threatened (1 year later). It still, however, appears on my paperwork as a 3rd party claim :veryangry:
When someone hit my mum's car all she did was call the insurance company to check what her excess was and they did exactly the same to her, even though she made no claim! That took 6 months to resolve (she paid for the repairs herself).
I know you don't want to hear this but they will find any which way they can to screw you :thumbsdown: Good luck, my friend

Calnefoxile

What is it with manufacturers when it comes to supplying anything from the 70's/80's??

No one produces any vehicles from this era, no one seems to be producing Military Figures from this period either. It's as if its the time period that people want to forget!!!

I know there were political issues in this era, and the whole country was on a bit of a downer, but come on for cripes sake, there are some of us that were children of the 70's/80's and surely we need to be able to model that period.

Not all of us want to model steam/diesel transition, or purely steam era, or ultra modern. I was born in the mid 60's and can't remember steam live on the network. But I was around for post TOPS, BR Blue period and this is what I want to model with the relevant vehicles.

Right of me soapbox now, calmed down a bit (I have had a Snickers)  :D :D

Regards

Neal.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Calnefoxile on October 22, 2013, 10:24:16 AM

there are some of us that were children of the 70's/80's and surely we need to be able to model that period.

Right of me soapbox now, calmed down a bit (I have had a Snickers)  :D :D

Regards

Neal.

Snickers?          Surely as a 70's child that should have been a MARATHON.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 22, 2013, 10:32:39 AM

Jerry,

You're right, but I was referring to the advert with Joan Collins in it.  ;D ;D

Neal.

scotsoft

Quote from: Calnefoxile on October 22, 2013, 10:34:54 AM
Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 22, 2013, 10:32:39 AM

Jerry,

You're right, but I was referring to the advert with Joan Collins in it.  ;D ;D

Neal.

Well it is good to know you smell nice  :D

cheers John.

petercharlesfagg

Some time ago I purchased a new Alco locomotive on Ebay from a private seller.

A piece of the coupling mount was missing and I contacted Micro Trains who went beyond the call of duty and sent me the piece free of charge.

................................................................".........................................................

Anyway, now that Autumn/Winter is upon us I was intending to sit at my workbench and go through my rolling stock and do the necessary repairs in the warm of my home.

All well and good!

I took out the tiny piece of plastic in my tweezers and attempted to slot it into my locomotive, "TWING" and the piece shot out of my tweezers across the room and straight into the open mouth of my dog!!!!

Before I could rescue the piece it had suffered the combination of fangs and saliva that reduced it to shards!  It tasted so horrible that the dog actually spat it out but there is no way I can possibly use it now!!!!!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Newportnobby

Sorry, Peter, but once again you've made me laugh out loud at your misfortune :sorrysign:

I guess it was better than waiting 24 hours and then sifting.............no, better not go there :poop: :sick:

Jerry Howlett

With Nobby on this one Peter. I think it should be in the jokes section made me laugh but then turned around to make sure my dogs were not advancing on my latest card model with looks of abject hunger....

Hopefully you can write to them and get a sympathetic replacement, it should make them laugh as well.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on October 22, 2013, 10:59:25 AM
"TWING" and the piece shot out of my tweezers across the room and straight into the open mouth of my dog!!!!

I bet you couldn't do it again..... :D

As Jerry says give Micro Trains another ring and tell them what happened.I am sure they would love to hear and would send you another replacement..... :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Pete Mc on October 22, 2013, 01:19:31 AM
So much for my hope of a quick,efficient and speedy settlement.

Keep a written record of everything they ask you to do and then say they won't do. Remind them that you'll take it up with the ombudsman the moment if they continue to act in an incompetent manner. The police should give you the crime number btw - which you'll want in case you have to engage the no-win no-fee people to sort it out.

And raise the ask the police/we don't call the police thing with them as a formal complaint. Insurance companies keep their costs down by employing the cheapest people as possible and setting things up to be as hard as possible to bother claiming. They know a motorist has to have insurance so you have to pay them, they don't want to give any of that back.

Make the b*ggers eyes water and if its like one Telco I worked at there is often even an "awkward customer" flag in the database which is well worth having !

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pete Mc

Hi everyone,just another update on my tal of woe.Only this time its slightly better,though not much.

Today I received a letter from my victim liason officer at South Yorkshire Police.The content of the letter was to tell me how the case against doorhandlehead that smashed my car up on friday night was proceeding.

The letter said that he had been charged with drink/drive,driving while disqualified,driving without 3rd party insurance on a road/public place and aggravated vehicle taking-(initial taker) and property damage under £5,000.
He admitted these charges and was remanded in custody until yesterday morning where he appeared at Doncaster Magistrates Court.

The letter then went on to state that he pleaded guilty to all charges and was sentenced to 18 weeks in prison and banned from driving for 5 years.This relates to the drink/drive,he was given 18 weeks for the driving whilst disqualified part of the charges as well.He was also given an 18 week prison sentence for aggravated vehicle taking and a ban for a year.As for the driving without insurance is concerned,he got an endorsement on his licence which I assume will apply upon reapplying for his licence and must undergo an extended driving test to prove competence to drive.The 18 week sentences are to run concurrently but if you ask me they should run consequitively.That way it would've been a 54 week sentence.

It did state that he may appeal against the sentence,however there are few appeals against sentence and he has 21 days to do so.They have pledged to let me know if he appeals but truthfully,apart from appearing at his appeal hearing and stating what his stupidity has meant to me,I have no idea what the point would be in doing so but all the same,I'd be happy to come face to face with him and tell him,in front of a judge at crown court how he has disrupted my life and caused me the expense it is likely to cause.

Now I know that fortunately,no one was injured in this accident and that metal and plastic can be repaired/replaced,what it doesn't and cannot replace is the inconvenience to me,which cannot be costed up or charged for.

Now I have to sit and wait for a decision from my insurers so I can know how much I have to spend on a replacement which I wasn't planning for for around a year to 18 months.That is how long my next car has to last me but even so,I don't want an old banger.

What I am looking at buying is a similar car to the one I have,a Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI,or a VW Passat Estate 1.9TDI,Golf 1.9TDIor Seat Leon 1.9TDI.

I like the Volkswagen TDI engine so thats why it has to be one of these 4 models.They are that good you see.

Well,thats all for now and I feel a bit better for knowing that someone has paid the price for their idiocy.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Agrippa

At least a slight bit of good news, the lowlife has been dealt with, though I'm sure he'll be back on the streets
within weeks, at least you got a response from the police. This country is plagued by these scumbags and
despite guff from politicians,  Joe Public suffers from these reptiles.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations