The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moogle

Quote from: whiteswan on February 13, 2013, 08:30:42 PM
Well, I finally succumbed and bought a Dapol FGW HST book set

:o Have you been out in the Midday sun too much?  ???
That's the start of the slippery slope of multi coloured worminess!  :no:

Joking aside, as long as it runs, rule 1 applies...  ;)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Caz

Quote from: Pengy on February 14, 2013, 03:48:01 PM
Quote from: whiteswan on February 14, 2013, 01:26:22 PM
Quote from: Jerry Howlett on February 14, 2013, 12:14:09 PM
CAZ !!!

An HST on the Fairford branch tut tut tut.... :laugh:

When I finally get it fixed it will run from the main terminus and around the double track main line which represents the main line from London to the West.  Sheepishly admits that it will have to go onto the branch  :-[ as that is my reversing loop which will enable the train to come back from the west, but hey, it's my layout and Rule 1 lives   :P

. . . Voyagers next >:D ;D

Go wash your mouth out Pengy, there are limits over which my Rule 1 will not work.  :P
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Caz

Quote from: moogle on February 14, 2013, 04:16:36 PM

And the same goes for you too Moogle, mouth wash immediately.   :laugh:
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

hairygit

Sorry, Pengy and Moogle are right, if you want to disagree I'll post a video of my Blue Pullman power cars running either end of 6 farish 100 ton bogie tankers! :P :P
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Pengi

Quote from: whiteswan on February 14, 2013, 05:06:52 PM
Quote from: Pengy on February 14, 2013, 03:48:01 PM
Quote from: whiteswan on February 14, 2013, 01:26:22 PM
Quote from: Jerry Howlett on February 14, 2013, 12:14:09 PM
CAZ !!!

An HST on the Fairford branch tut tut tut.... :laugh:

When I finally get it fixed it will run from the main terminus and around the double track main line which represents the main line from London to the West.  Sheepishly admits that it will have to go onto the branch  :-[ as that is my reversing loop which will enable the train to come back from the west, but hey, it's my layout and Rule 1 lives   :P

. . . Voyagers next >:D ;D

Go wash your mouth out Pengy, there are limits over which my Rule 1 will not work.  :P

. . . will that be a Cross Country or Virgin Voyager that you are ordering then?  :P :P
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Caz

Quote from: Pengy on February 14, 2013, 05:39:07 PM

. . . will that be a Cross Country or Virgin Voyager that you are ordering then?  :P :P

Definitely neither after my experience with the HST.  As it's the last one Dapol have I spent all day yesterday mending it, turns out the reason the power car lights didn't work was because the red led was missing!  The trailer car derails because the chassis doesn't seem to be assembled correctly causing the bogie pickups to jam on the chassis contacts and the missing white light was because the light pipes weren't fitted correctly.

Have swapped the good light board from the trailer to the power car so that now works fine and have arranged with the retailer to return the trailer chassis and duff light board for replacement.

On the good side, managed to fit drivers and cab lights in the two body shells and the power car runs beautifully from a very slow crawl to a very respectable top speed.  Next to sort out will be the sound, not sure whether I can afford a pair of CT sound decoders, going to see what I can create myself to put on a couple of cheapo Digitrax SDN144's with cube speakers.  The Blue Pullman I did turned out really good, well at least I think so, lets hope the HST can come out similarly well if I go down that route.   :)
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

moogle

Quote from: whiteswan on February 14, 2013, 05:07:59 PM
Quote from: moogle on February 14, 2013, 04:16:36 PM

And the same goes for you too Moogle, mouth wash immediately.   :laugh:

:-[ mouth washed out. :dighole:

Glad you managed to get part of it going.
By your description it sounds like you got one made on a Friday afternoon...
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Calnefoxile

Quote from: thebrighton on February 07, 2013, 06:54:47 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on February 07, 2013, 04:38:09 PM
Joyous.. the Royal Mail no longer permit the posting of enamel paints - aerosols and big pots I can see but even tiddly little tinlets are now not allowed

Hi Alan,
Unless it has just changed I thought the limit was 150ml or under so most small modelling tinlets are ok. I've just checked RMs website and this still quotes 150ml.
Gareth

Guys,

I've just recieved a newsletter from Hannants, who are a supplier of plastic model kits, and I'l copy and paste from their email.

Message. Following recently unannounced new rules we regret we are currently unable to despatch certain items through the post by Royal Mail. These include Xtracolor and Humbrol enamel paints, Alclad products, liquid glues etc etc. What they regard as inflammables. Many of our orders are having these items removed and destroyed and then they are returning the rest of the parcel to us.

ParcelForce say they can still accept them for now which is strange as they are essentially the same firm. Now if you put any of the affected items into your cart you will not see the cheaper Royal Mail postage options. Only the more expensive ParcelForce option will be visible and available. Customers who's orders weighed over 2kg will not notice any difference as these were always sent by ParcelForce. You can remove any of these items from your cart to see the Royal Mail postage rates.

Acrylic paints are not affected though they do say we cannot send more than 4 bottles per parcel. 4 x 12ml or 4 x 150ml does not seem to matter so long as it is no more than 4.

This is to the UK AND Overseas.

We do realise that the Royal Mail website says that we can send enamel paints but as mentioned above they are ripping open the parcels keeping the paint and returning the rest to us so in affect we cannot despatch.

We do realise that this is all ridiculous and have told Royal Mail so.

We will keep you informed of any changes to this situation via the weekly Hot News..

Regards

Neal.

Malc

Maybe a few modellers work for Royal Mail and just want the paints without having to pay for them? :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Oldman

:hmmm:

Finally got  the last bits to enable me to fit my Seep point motors but can't.
As you will see from another post I am on a modelling ban - frustrating or what.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Lawrence

Quote from: Oldman on February 19, 2013, 10:43:12 AM
:hmmm:

Finally got  the last bits to enable me to fit my Seep point motors but can't.
As you will see from another post I am on a modelling ban - frustrating or what.

That's because Jazzy is under orders to make sure you are behaving yourself Mike and following doctors orders  :D

Oldman

Quote from: Lawrence on February 19, 2013, 11:12:36 AM
That's because Jazzy is under orders to make sure you are behaving yourself Mike and following doctors orders  :D

Bah Humbug!!!!
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Jerry Howlett

Come on you know Midsommer Murders is on this afternoon thats what you really want ! Nurse Jazzy is in charge. :doh:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Lawrence

Quote from: Oldman on February 19, 2013, 11:21:31 AM
Quote from: Lawrence on February 19, 2013, 11:12:36 AM

Bah Humbug!!!!

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: ;D ;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations