A leopard changes his spots

Started by Karhedron, December 04, 2019, 09:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karhedron

Something new and shiny and distinctly non-GWR arrived in the post this morning.

Despite my devotion to all things with copper caps, I have finally succumbed to EMU-itis. It was a bargain and I wanted something to run alongside RevolutioN's forthcoming 321 and 313. No idea where I will run it course. I have ideas for a minories-based layout. Something like Moorgate except that it received suburban trains off the WCML to give them access to the City and relieve congestion at Euston.

Now where did I put that track planner?
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Bob G

Its always good to have modelling eras that do not overlap.

I got rid of all my 1980s second generation stuff, but then I discovered crimson-cream, so I just shunted my three periods back to 1948-1978 rather than 56-86.

I'm tempted to move all my 1970s era modelling into OO, as I have the basis of a nice set of blue-grey and blue EMUs, and some nice 07 dock shunters, but they are so big I cant run eight car trains :(

Bob

RailGooner

Bealman

I don't know whether to admire that or think he's lost his marbles  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

NGS-PO

Quote from: Karhedron on December 04, 2019, 09:59:30 PM
Something new and shiny and distinctly non-GWR arrived in the post this morning.

Despite my devotion to all things with copper caps, I have finally succumbed to EMU-itis. It was a bargain and I wanted something to run alongside RevolutioN's forthcoming 321 and 313. No idea where I will run it course. I have ideas for a minories-based layout. Something like Moorgate except that it received suburban trains off the WCML to give them access to the City and relieve congestion at Euston.

Now where did I put that track planner?

I never thought I'd see the day, Matt.

It's good to have different focuses though, helps maintain the enthusiasm. I have something similar in my transition UK main layout and smaller North American present day set-up.

I shall look forward to seeing what you do with it all.

Best

Scott
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Newportnobby

Get thee to a doctor, Matt. You have worms (of the multi coloured type) :worried:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations