Everythings been moved!

Started by weave, August 30, 2012, 10:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Must have missed the meeting but Pengy has turned into my girlfriend and seems to have moved everything  :)

Are there new rules or old rules that no one obeys?

Forgive my ignorance.

Cheers Weave

scotsoft

Just a bit of tidying up, certain threads were getting cluttered so they were moved to their own threads.

That is the version that will keep the lady moderators pacified  :angel:

The forum is now like the supermarket changes its shelves around, you spend ages looking for something and trolley rage sets in  :veryangry2:
Look on the bright side, after a few visits you will forget things have been moved  :uneasy:

cheers John ( a mere man amongst moderators  :whistle: )

longbridge

Quote from: weave on August 30, 2012, 10:14:45 PM
Must have missed the meeting but Pengy has turned into my girlfriend and seems to have moved everything  :)

Are there new rules or old rules that no one obeys?

Forgive my ignorance.

Cheers Weave

Must admit I wondered what in the hell was going on to, nearly fell off my chair when I saw a long list of MOVED in the list, Weave I just hope you know where to post in future  ??? and if you don't please don't ask me cause I wouldn't have a flamin clue  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Pengi

Guilty as charged! although I have not moved everything . . . . . . . yet >:D (only joking  :D).

The N gauge discussion board was getting cluttered plus there is getting to be a lot of interest in 3D modelling which is what prompted the new 3D Modelling Board. There is also a new sub-board called 'Buildings' in the Scenery section and a relatively new Track and Points board (which is where I have moved some topics as well)

These changes are designed to make life easier for you (honest  :angel:) and will save you wading through the N gauge discussion board for you to find the original post and if there is something you can't find, then PM me!

Having had an initial blitz on the N gauge discussion Board, I now need to blitz my work benches, desks, shelves, filing cabinets and floor - a hopeless task :worried:

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

kaiwhara

Nah, forget 3D Printing, we need a discussion board devoted to the multiple threads about Pidgeons!!  :nerner:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

weave

Thanks Pengy for your tidying time.

Like Oldrailbug, I'm confused as what to do now. The thing is, I only really look at 'discussion', 'continental' and 'layout construction' and their must be people who do similar, like just 'japanese' and 'dcc' for example.

So if I was asking a question about buildings and just put it in 'buildings' I'm going to miss loads of members who might know the answer.

So, do I put it in 'discussion' and wait for it to be moved (more hassle for you) or straight to 'buildings'?

Hope makes sense. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers Weave

Pengi

Understand where you are coming from and agree there is a balance between having too many boards or having a few boards that have everything in. Also need to bear in mind that members, newbies and potential newbies (guests) may find it easier to look for track related items in, for example, the Track and Points Board rather than dotted about the forum.

Building can now go in the Buildings sub-board of the Scenery/Landscaping Board (unless they were reviews, when it would go in the Product Reviews section). We have created the Buildings sub-Board to separate them out from general landscaping, vehicles etc. - and, of course, pigeons :D

We do monitor how the Boards are being used including any under utillised boards.

If you are worried about missing things, then the 'Show unread topics since the last visit' link at the top of the page is useful (apols if you are already using it)

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations