Fed up

Started by mereman, April 05, 2014, 01:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mereman

Feeling fed up almost finished Mrs Ms dolls house (just a little wiring to do and the bunging it together (like the tech terms :D)) when I go down with a bacteria which has blown my lower leg to almost twice it's normal size.

I'm on so much penicillin (4 grams per day) I have to stay clear of "blue cheeses" or I'll merge with it :smiley-laughing:

So all work  is now on hold, Can't even stand by the set up and play :'(.

Still another 2 to 3 weeks and I'll be working on the lay out again, well after the dolls house is finished.
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

jonclox

Ouch. I imagine the pains quite bad so keep taking the tablets.
Hurry up and get well soon
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Ray Haddad

So now you can start your new career as a wicket keeper.
I exclusively model the WSMF Railroad.

Jack

This might cheer you up a bit,

[smg id=11475 type=av align=center caption="Man Stroke Woman - Man Cold"]

:D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Newportnobby

Hi Mike,

So sorry to hear about your affliction :(
Having had a hip replacement 10 days ago, my operated leg has also ballooned to the extent that when my sister took me shopping today, I ended up like one of the folks you see in Wal-Mart as I had to wear a trackie suit and slippers (couldn't get anything else on my feet/legs) :-[
Big difference, though, is that I can still get to test some trains now and then :angel:

Bealman

No photos, presumably, then, Mick :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NTrain

Sounds like my current problem. Cellulitis.

I had it a couple of years ago and now again..................

longbridge

Swollen legs are nasty, I got bit by a Horsefly a while back and my leg swelled up like a balloon, must be allergic to those pesky flies :veryangry:

Hope both of you chaps get well ASAP.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

MinZaPint

Another sufferer here, 9th March slipped on a grassy bank while trying to play golf, something popped on my left calf, very painful, by the Wednesday pain subsiding but leg starting to swell. Tried leg up higher than heart and anti inflammatories (I’ve had this before but not recently) by Monday it wasn’t getting any better so trip to doctors, check for possible blood clot and given 7 day course of antibiotics, following Monday no better back to docs given 14 day course at an increased dose. Today seems to be Ok so fingers crossed tomorrow I’ll be able to get on with the cupboards that will support my baseboards. I had this some years ago in India, went to a local “Cottage” hospital where they gave me a 7 day course of drugs that had me right in 36 hours!. I’ve kicked myself ever since that I didn’t take a note of what it was. On top of that a heavy cold and poisoned toe aren’t helping, HID wants to trade me in for a newer model with a better warranty!  :(
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

Hope all subsides soon, David, and that HID was just joshing :worried:

Bealman

At least it didn't happen on your trip to Middle Earth. Hope it clears up soon!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

davecttr

I developed cellulitis in my lower leg some years ago. the result was 14 days in hospital with enormous doses of intravenous antibiotics. It came within inches of removing the leg, phew!. Luckily i rallied but still had 2 months off work.

try some sit down modelling, painting all those little passengers for instance.

mereman

Almost back on my feet, even if one is still larger then the other (or could that be one is smaller then the other :smiley-laughing:), managed to get on with Mrs Ms dolls house, all the electrics are in, just to build it now. Should be getting on with MEHR next week.

Thanks for all the good wishes. just glad I've finished, for now, with the pills I was beginning to rattle :D
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

MikeDunn

Quote from: mereman on April 14, 2014, 10:28:30 AM
just glad I've finished, for now, with the pills I was beginning to rattle :D
If you find you miss them, there is always Smarties or M&Ms  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100%