Previous topic - Next topic

davieb

Hi all  :wave:

Just seen these on another forum so i thought i would share here  :goggleeyes:

http://www.pwrs.ca/announcements/view.php?ID=7440

As it says HO to start with then N to follow  :claphappy:

dave  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

What I cannot work out is how they still work when the car is turned round  :hmmm:

guest311

I thought for a minute it was April 1st  >:D

davieb

Quote from: scotsoft on February 23, 2013, 10:46:33 PM
What I cannot work out is how they still work when the car is turned round  :hmmm:

That one has me baffled also   :hmmm:

Quote from: class37025 on February 23, 2013, 10:48:16 PM
I thought for a minute it was April 1st  >:D

So did I when i first noticed them  :D

dave  :thumbsup:

4x2

Excellent !  :thumbsup:

I did notice that the coupler trip pins were missing, i hope they still work with the hoses on....
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

dean thom

presumbably you could do away with the couplers altogether and have hands free uncoupling albeit without a remote shunting option? Dx

Newportnobby

That's all I need for realism - an Uncoupling Stick.
Gotta get one :-X

Sprintex

Quote from: dean thom on February 24, 2013, 01:59:52 AM
presumbably you could do away with the couplers altogether and have hands free uncoupling albeit without a remote shunting option? Dx

How do you work that one out? In the video there is not enough magnetic force to drag the wagon!  ;)

If the magnetic end has a N and S magnet adjacent to each other this would work when turned surely? Something like this:-

----------
[ N ][ S ]
----------

Paul

dodger

Quote from: Sprintex on February 24, 2013, 12:00:42 PM

How do you work that one out? In the video there is not enough magnetic force to drag the wagon!  ;)

Paul

Thats so they uncouple the in same way as many freight shunters do it, pull them apart.

Dodger

Sprintex

Quote from: dodger on February 24, 2013, 01:32:39 PM

Paul

Thats so they uncouple the in same way as many freight shunters do it, pull them apart.

Dodger

Yes I know, that was exactly my point in that you couldn't do away with the couplers as Dean suggested! ;)

Paul

dean thom

Quote from: dean thom on February 24, 2013, 01:59:52 AM

If the magnetic end has a N and S magnet adjacent to each other this would work when turned surely? Something like this:-

----------
[ N ][ S ]
----------

Paul

i presume the uncoupling of the brake hoses is done with a below track electro magnet. how did you think it was done? dean

scotsoft

Quote from: dean thom on February 24, 2013, 05:03:31 PM
i presume the uncoupling of the brake hoses is done with a below track electro magnet. how did you think it was done? dean

They just pull them apart, nothing alse required  ;)

cheers John.

Bikeracer

With my luck and the light weight of N gauge wagons I can see a few lying on their side after the hand of God stabs them. :D

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations