For the many cat lovers on the forum......

Started by Newportnobby, June 06, 2018, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Malc

I started suffering allergic reactions, sneezing, eyes itching etc and visited my GP. He asked if we had cats. I said we had 2. He explained that they were probably the cause (he was right) and maybe we should get rid of them. I pointed out that if I went home and told my wife that it was a choice between me and the cats, I didn't know which way she would choose. So I put up with it for the next 10 years until they had both passed away. Fortunately, I was working away fro home for much of the time.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

Sadly Malc, I had a similar problem. When the last of my four cats died in the 1990's I was at last free of the allergy to cat hairs that had plagued me increasingly for the previous few years and persists to this day. :confused1:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

My eyes water from the moment I wake until the moment I go to sleep at night and, yes, I believe it's Hookey who's the cause. I do take an allergy tablet 365 days per year to mitigate the effects but I wouldn't be without him (or another cat).
Far rather that than a wife! :hmmm:

emjaybee

My wife has chest issues and is mildly allergic to our two cats, I'm always worried she'd ask me to choose.

You have to be sensible about these things and look at the bigger picture. I mean, I'd miss her, but the cats spend less.

:whistle:

I haven't posted pics of 'my' cat. She was one of our original two sister kittens we had as feral from the local vets at about six weeks old. I named them Mayhem and Chaos. I haven't been allowed to name anything since. We lost Mayhem to a car at three years old.

Chaos is 14 now and very much 'daddy's little princess', hence the wife knows better than to ask me to choose. In much the same way I daren't ask the wife to choose between her horses and me, I don't reckon I'd get to the end of the sentence.

;D

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

acko22

Well we have 2 fur balls,

Blake who is a scrappy runt and will fight anything and then there is Sirius who apparently keeps the other half sane......

She says this as Sirius chases his tail until he vomits, these days things make more sense when it comes to the other halves decision making skills!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Webbo

Here is a picture of my cat, Tilly (short for Matilda). She is not interested in birds, but is a pretty good mouser. Also keen on rounding up joggers, cyclists, and kangaroos, but her opportunities for these activities have been reduced to zero by me.

Webbo

javlinfaw7

Quote from: Webbo on June 10, 2018, 09:11:07 AM
Here is a picture of my cat, Tilly (short for Matilda). She is not interested in birds, but is a pretty good mouser. Also keen on rounding up joggers, cyclists, and kangaroos, but her opportunities for these activities have been reduced to zero by me.

Webbo

The expression on Tilly's face shows exactly what she thinks of your calling her a cat.

Newportnobby

Having been on the receiving end of a right hook from Hookey at times, I'd hate to get the same
from your 'cat' @Webbo

daffy

Surely that's neither cat nor dog, but a reincarnation of the Egyptian god Anubis? :hmmm:

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: daffy on June 10, 2018, 11:31:07 AM
Surely that's neither cat nor dog, but a reincarnation of the Egyptian god Anubis? :hmmm:

:D

As long as we don't all start chanting "Im-ho-tep", I think we are in the clear...

Skyline2uk

Papyrus

This is Jasmine who we rehomed at about 2 years old and who was wary of people for a long time. She has never become a lap-cat, but she has become very affectionate over the years. We also have 3 dogs, all of whom arrived long after she did, and there is absolutely no doubt who is boss!

Cheers,

Chris

ntpntpntp

Suki is our little cutie!  Also known as "A4 cat" because she often sleeps in a cardboard box lid from a ream of paper.  Our other cat Yoshi (featured in an earlier photo) is much larger and hence known as "A3 cat".  Both re-homed from a sanctuary a couple of years ago.

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

daffy

Quote from: Papyrus on June 10, 2018, 12:43:03 PM

This is Jasmine who we rehomed at about 2 years old and who was wary of people for a long time. She has never become a lap-cat, but she has become very affectionate over the years. We also have 3 dogs, all of whom arrived long after she did, and there is absolutely no doubt who is boss!

Cheers,

Chris

I'm not surprised she bosses the dogs Chris. It might be a trick of the perspective but somehow Jasmine looks like a giant cat! :o
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

weave

Also, she has those scary, potentially evil looking, eyes just like my sister. No offence to the cat, I'm sure Jasmine is lovely.

Thanks to everyone for great pics.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations