Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

Yesterday I ordered a bookcase thingy from Ikea.  First shock was £40 delivery for a £41 item.  But because of lockdown, I can't go pick it up from Warrington, so swallowed that and paid with payal.  Receipt was issued almost immediately, and cash gone from bank account.  Within 5 minutes, Ikea issued a refund for the total, but gave no reason why, and they had the nerve to tell me it would take a few days for the refund to get in my account.  Why? They took the money instantly, pity they can't refund instantly?  Moan over.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

joe cassidy

My son celebrates his 21st birthday today and on Saturday he comes home on leave for the first time since joining the army last month.

I was looking forward to taking him out for a slap-up meal this weekend but unfortunately the French government has announced a 9 pm curfew starting at midnight on Friday.

I hope my wife will rise to the occasion on the cookery front  :no:

dannyboy

Quote from: joe cassidy on October 15, 2020, 11:51:20 AM
My son celebrates his 21st birthday today

Happy Birthday to your son - hope you all enjoy your meal, (even if it is just jam sandwiches).

the French government has announced a 9 pm curfew starting at midnight

That sounds more Irish than French.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

TrevL

Quote from: dannyboy on October 15, 2020, 11:58:33 AM
My son celebrates his 21st birthday today

Happy Birthday to your son - hope you all enjoy your meal, (even if it is just jam sandwiches).

the French government has announced a 9 pm curfew starting at midnight

That sounds more Irish than French.  :)

To be sure, to be sure ;D
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

joe cassidy

Newportnobby

Out of curiosity why does the meal have to finish after 9pm? Can you not just go out earlier? :confused2:

joe cassidy

Our president said that in order to be tucked up in bed at 9 pm you have to leave the resto at 8:30 pm.

If your meal (avec apero) lasts 2 hours you have to start at 6:30 pm.

That's a bit early, even for Americans  :)

Snowwolflair

So when are the French going to be able to visit their mistresses  :D

dannyboy

I can just picture it now, the three of them sat at the table, spoons in hand, just about to start on the profiteroles and along comes the waiter, who whips the plates away, saying "désolé, il est 9 heures".   :smiley-laughing:
David.

joe cassidy

"Dommage" pour le tip  :)

JBQFC

not a good week for me Monday i find out a work mate of ten years has died 3 weeks after retirement
the same day i find out that Jenifer the wife of one of my mums brothers has died 
yesterday one one of my best mates gran died
and now to top all that i think my colitis is getting ready to kick off

John

joe cassidy

Quote from: dannyboy on October 15, 2020, 12:39:57 PM
I can just picture it now, the three of them sat at the table, spoons in hand, just about to start on the profiteroles and along comes the waiter, who whips the plates away, saying "désolé, il est 9 heures".   :smiley-laughing:

Only Basil Fawlty could get away with that  :)

steve836

Quote from: dannyboy on October 15, 2020, 12:39:57 PM

To which you reply "Je regret c'est trop tard pour payer l' addition"
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

Quote from: JBQFC on October 15, 2020, 01:19:13 PM
not a good week for me

As you say John, not a good week. My condolences - and I hope you are wrong about the colitis.
David.

joe cassidy

My Mum (will be 92 years old on 25 October) was taken into hospital last Saturday with various problems.

Since then her condition has been, to quote M Python, "going up and down like the assyrien empire".

Unfortunately visits to the hospital are forbidden.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations