Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin_t

Quote from: Jeff_W on April 27, 2020, 06:59:48 PM
Have to admit the EWS scheme is one of my favorites. I have that set, and have been looking around for more in that scheme, including any Class 66's.

Two orders I made last week from Hattons arrived today. I'd bought the train set and the two locomotives one day last week (wanted the small Class 08 shunter, little switchers are interesting in my book), then a bunch of Graham Farish Mk.1 coaches popped up the following day. I'd really wanted some since I bought a Class 50 last year, and haven't had much luck snagging any when they've come up on the pre-owned section of Hattons' site. Went for as many as I could get last week when a huge batch showed up.

Not seen that set before. Great selection of loco and stock

crewearpley40

Farish 370250. Agreed 47306 which will fit in on your layout gavin

njee20

Have to admit the EWS scheme is one of my favorites. I have that set, and have been looking around for more in that scheme, including any Class 66's.

Both Farish and Dapol have made loads, so keep an eye on Hatton's pre-owned. Only thing to watch is that early Dapol ones are really difficult to convert to DCC (although they run well if you do it). Later Dapol ones have 6-pin, and now Next-18 sockets. Farish ones either need a decoder soldering, or later a 6-pin decoder.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: njee20 on April 27, 2020, 10:35:10 PM

Both Farish and Dapol have made loads, so keep an eye on Hatton's pre-owned. Only thing to watch is that early Dapol ones are really difficult to convert to DCC (although they run well if you do it). Later Dapol ones have 6-pin, and now Next-18 sockets. Farish ones either need a decoder soldering, or later a 6-pin decoder.

And just to add to that; the early Farish ones can split gears. I have now replaced gears on at least two axels of mine (66135 in EWS).

Skyline2uk

Jeff_W

That 47 is a bit of a slow runner. Gave it a wheel cleaning and a small bit of oil. Hopefully nothing major other than needing to be run. My 27 also needs a bit of power to run, and doesn't seem to like being coupled to anything. Maybe it's track-work, who knows. Another reason to start on a bigger layout!

njee20

Quote from: Skyline2uk on April 27, 2020, 10:38:12 PM

And just to add to that; the early Farish ones can split gears. I have now replaced gears on at least two axels of mine (66135 in EWS).

All the Farish ones can! Luckily it's a trivial fix though. IMO the colour is wrong on the stripe on 66135 (the original release), it's too 'cream' and not quite yellow enough. The Farish ones are definitely my preference though, far superior haulage and IMO better detail; markedly finer.

DarrwestLU6

Quote from: njee20 on April 22, 2020, 08:07:31 PM
This was last week actually, but worth posting as I've not seen many pictures of them, the Revolution HOAs, they're superb. I ordered the Tarmac ones on the final day, and wish I'd ordered more, so on the hunt now!

Posed on a piece of Easitrac I built too, which I must say I think looks great, a marked step up from Peco.

They do look nice, I agree. Not my era, but you still have to admire them, they look lovely!
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

exmouthcraig

Well I am a very happy man!!

We found out only too late that the Regent livery class b tanks from RevolutioN were exactly the tanks we needed, pleas were made on the forum and I did end up purchasing a few Regents plus 4 unbranded wagons.

A couple of weeks ago I received a message from Mike @red_death asking if I was still after any as 2 triple packs had surfaced.

There was no way I was missing out on them this time and the invoice was promptly paid. They arrived today, and I'm quite happy that 17 tanks provides me with a nice rake, although if any more become available from various sources another few wont hurt.

So a massive  :thankyousign: to Mike for remembering that I was after some and offering them direct to me. They have come to a good home!!!!!

Quote from: Ted on February 29, 2020, 10:06:33 AM
I can't help myself.

I paid pretty much rrp for this class 37 Dutch, just because I wanted one and they're really hard to find.

I also bought every last one of these Colhops from the Hereford Model Centre website. I actually bought more than this but they refunded me the difference, as I had cleared them out!

That's a beautiful looking 37

Ted

Quote from: 37214 on May 05, 2020, 08:01:19 PM

Agreed, the Dutch livery looks cracking on the 37. Probably my favourite!
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

gavin_t

Quote from: Ted on May 05, 2020, 08:45:32 PM
Quote from: 37214 on May 05, 2020, 08:01:19 PM

Agreed, the Dutch livery looks cracking on the 37. Probably my favourite!

Agreed its a lovely livery, plan to get something in this livery for my layout  :)
I had the same with Hereford and ordered more TTA tanks then they had in stock. Seems their website doesn't always show what is and out of stock. Very nice man phoned me and sorted it all out though :D

exmouthcraig

Well when 1 66 isnt enough!!!!!

Clifton Wood has grown to 4 times the original plan and was only ever meant to run a single class 08 shunter. It will now run 30 wagons, 24 of which are log carriers of 3 different sources.

I also run Drax biomass hoppers courtesy of @njee20.

The issue with this is Colas Rail Freight have the log contract in the uk so I needed a suitable loco for that flow, and my Colas 66 is fantastic.

Drax biomass contract is now run by GBRf so technically I needed a suitable loco for that flow as well. A couple of ones to avoid were recommended to me along with 2 very good versions to go for.

Sawyer Models of Leigh Greater Manchester had 66779 Evening Star weathered by Craig Holt for a very reasonable price and as I have to have everything dirty this made perfect sense to me.

She arrived this morning!!!

Lighting isnt the best to show off her subtle weathering I need to add the brass nameplates but she looks fantastic  :claphappy:

Note to self: I must not spend any more money!!!

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

crewearpley40

gavin_t

@exmouthcraig that looks fantastic, bet you are well chuffed with it.

Today I collected via a "click and collect" style from John dutfield models the capital connect set.
I have wanted this set since I started my n gauge journey a couple of years ago.
Had over time money to spend and they were offering discount for NHS employees so I thought now was the time. I was picking up some supplies and they happened to have it on the shelf :D :D :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations