Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

That's great news - you can build a new layout in his bedroom  ;)

stevewalker

He's planning on visits home. Anyway, we won't have a room spare until one of his two brothers (currently sharing a room) moves out.

It's a good job I've got a 12' x 10', insulated shed for my layout!

Newportnobby

Quote from: stevewalker on August 10, 2021, 12:24:34 PM
He's planning on visits home. Anyway, we won't have a room spare until one of his two brothers (currently sharing a room) moves out.

It's a good job I've got a 12' x 10', insulated shed for my layout!

If t'were me the layout would get priority so the lads would be in the shed >:D

Malc

Had my 3rd vaccination on Wednesday, just got a sore arm today, but slept all Thursday and didn't eat so the diet is going well.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

3rd vaccination? Is that the one they're saying will be the booster jab for winter?
Your side effects would certainly benefit me, Malc!

Malc

It might well be the booster but I am taking part in a trial. They are looking at patients with leukaemia that take certain drugs to cure it. This is the second trial I've been enrolled on. The first found that 2 shots were still not more than 40 or so percent for those on the drug I'm on, as in those without leukaemia. They want to see if the antibody count increases significantly with a 3rd shot. First two were Pfizer and this one was Moderna. So in 3 weeks back for a further blood test then I may get some results.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

Thanks George. Still isolating because the drugs I'm on compromise my immune system, so any help is gratefully received.

dannyboy

@Malc
It is comments like yours Malc that make me appreciate that, (provided nowt has changed with my prostate!), all I suffer from is relatively minor aches and pains - Louisa said something about getting old, (not sure what she means by that  :hmmm:). Good luck with everything.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

Yes David, I know what Louisa means. Until I was 50, I never saw a doctor, then I developed high blood pressure, then type 2 diabetes. Then I about 3 years ago they discovered I had CLL leukaemia and it started in 2003. But the good news is I lost 3 stones and came off my blood pressure meds. I've cut down on my diabetic meds and the acalabrutinib is knocking out the leukaemia. So I have plenty to thank the NHS for, not counting the 6 days I spent in hospital with covid. So as Eric Idle says "always look on the bright side of life"

Bealman

Yep, getting old sucks. My brain thinks I'm still 18, but me body tells me otherwise.

But, it's the happy thread, and as yourself (and Eric Idle) say, always look on the bright side of life!  :thumbsup:

stevewalker

It's a good week.

Our eldest son got his A-level results last Tuesday and his university place was confirmed. He then found that two of his friends are also going to university in the same city and his best friend has just booked his accommodation in the same area as him.

On Saturday morning, his provisional driving licence arrived (after 9 months of it being stuck with the DVLA) and I took him out for his first lesson.

Last night we had a great meal out, with family, to celebrate his 18th birthday (although it's not actually until Tuesday).

To top it off, we are going out for the day on Tuesday, both to celebrate his 18th birthday and to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary (how's that for timing!)

The only downside is that it's all been a bit costly!

Bealman

Great results all around! Hearty congratulations to everyone!  :thumbsup: :beers:

Newportnobby

It may have been costly, Steve, but brownie points with the family? Priceless :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations