Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Brunette, Brunette, Blond, current, that a hobby in itself but much more expensive.  Better stick to trains  :D

camelback

I like red heads .No hair just a red head.
James.

austinbob

Our beautiful greyound Gemma had to be put to sleep yesterday at the age of 13. She had a very happy life and passed away very peacefully. We all miss her but we have to move on.

Rather than have an extended mourning for her passing I thought I would name a loco after her as a memorial.

Today I bought a nice weathered green Hymek and would like to name it after  Gemma. Does anyone know a company that will do bespoke name plates to attach to N gauge locos.

I know that many of you will want to give consolations for Gemma's passing, as you have for other similar losses of pets, but I would prefer that you don't.

This is the happy thread and we are very content that Gemma led a good and comfortable life and would like to celebrate her life by naming this loco.

:) :thankyousign:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

For once I dunno what to say, Bob :no:
Wonderful idea!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: austinbob on September 08, 2016, 08:10:02 PM
Our beautiful greyound Gemma had to be put to sleep yesterday at the age of 13. She had a very happy life and passed away very peacefully. We all miss her but we have to move on.

Rather than have an extended mourning for her passing I thought I would name a loco after her as a memorial.

Today I bought a nice weathered green Hymek and would like to name it after  Gemma. Does anyone know a company that will do bespoke name plates to attach to N gauge locos.

I know that many of you will want to give consolations for Gemma's passing, as you have for other similar losses of pets, but I would prefer that you don't.

This is the happy thread and we are very content that Gemma led a good and comfortable life and would like to celebrate her life by naming this loco.

:) :thankyousign:

Lovely lovely lovely.

May be worth dropping a mail/ speaking to:

Shawplan
Fox
Mercig Studios (obviously do whole locos but offer custom service so may be able to source a plate for you)

Best of luck, please post photo of results

Skyline2uk

Mito

That is a great idea. Not only does she live on in your memory, she will be reincarnated as a loco. Buddhism rules.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bob Tidbury

I can highly recommend a firm called Narrow Planet .
I had a plate made and named my late best friends loco a black five after him his nick name was squirell .
They are very good and have a website ,the only downside is it takes a long time as they have to get enough orders to fill an A3 size sheet .
If I remember the price was £4-50 for a pair .
1 and a half mm is the correct size but 2mm looks better so he done a pair of each so I could make my own mind up and the family all decided on the 2mm size ,there is a photo in my media folder.
I sympathise with your loss and I hope this will help you to remember Gemma .I am going to order some plates from them soon to name a loco after  our little dog buster who we had to put to  sleep after he became ill with the dog equivalent of dementure and started snapping at my grandson and then the rest of my family he also lost the use of his back legs and fell down the stairs one morning .We now have a lovely little dog called Mitzy and she is lovely but will never replace our Buster.
A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME WITHOUT A DOG.
BOB

dannyboy

Quote from: austinbob on September 08, 2016, 08:10:02 PM
We all miss her but we have to move on.

Today I bought a nice weathered green Hymek and would like to name it after  Gemma.

Having lost two of our pets over the last couple of years, I can understand your feelings Bob, but I think what you are doing to remember her is a brilliant idea. (Might have to look into having some nameplates made myself).  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

austinbob

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on September 08, 2016, 09:28:26 PM
I had a plate made and named my late best friends loco a black five after him his nick name was squirell .
They are very good and have a website ,the only downside is it takes a long time as they have to get enough orders to fill an A3 size sheet .
1 and a half mm is the correct size but 2mm looks better so he done a pair of each so I could make my own mind up and the family all decided on the 2mm size ,there is a photo in my media folder.
I sympathise with your loss and I hope this will help you to remember Gemma .I am going to order some plates from them soon to name a loco after  our little dog buster who we had to put to  sleep after he became ill with the dog equivalent of dementure and started snapping at my grandson and then the rest of my family he also lost the use of his back legs and fell down the stairs one morning .We now have a lovely little dog called Mitzy and she is lovely but will never replace our Buster.
BOB
Thanks Bob

I've checked out the Narrow planet web site and their custom name plate service looks ideal. I don't mind waiting a bit for them so I'll check it out in more detail later.
:thankyousign: :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

austinbob

Quote from: Skyline2uk on September 08, 2016, 08:20:36 PM

Lovely lovely lovely.

May be worth dropping a mail/ speaking to:

Shawplan
Fox
Mercig Studios (obviously do whole locos but offer custom service so may be able to source a plate for you)

Best of luck, please post photo of results

Skyline2uk
Thanks for the info - I'll most certainly post photos of results when its all done.

Bob Austin

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on September 09, 2016, 08:26:29 AM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on September 08, 2016, 09:28:26 PM
BOB
Thanks Bob

I've checked out the Narrow planet web site and their custom name plate service looks ideal. I don't mind waiting a bit for them so I'll check it out in more detail later.
Ordered 4 of each of the 2mm and 1.6mm size just to be sure I get the right thing. Delivery is 4 - 6 weeks at the moment.,
:beers:

Bob Austin

jonclox

Spotted
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FSYNPD6?psc=1
but cant afford it at the moment/ever.
Could be fun to build tho  :-\
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on September 18, 2016, 11:19:22 AM
Spotted

Rather you than me, Jon. Looks like a one way ticket to the funny farm :laugh3:

Keith Bingham

Change of subject. Anyone in need of a real line-side 65mph speed restriction sign to stick in their driveway, there is a just such a rusted relic in an antique shop near me. I'd buy it if I'd won the lottery. They
want £165.

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on September 18, 2016, 04:52:10 PM
Quote from: jonclox on September 18, 2016, 11:19:22 AM
Spotted

Rather you than me, Jon. Looks like a one way ticket to the funny farm :laugh3:
>:D  so who told you where I live ?  :-[
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP