Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Thanks to you for your info  :thumbsup:

I note with interest you refer to said aircraft as "Concord" with a lack of "e".

If memory serves there is still a sign on one of the auxiliary buildings there is still named "Concord xxx" (generator or something like that).

It seems the staff of the time didn't believe it was "e" for England and "e" for Entente Cordiale....

Agree 100% with sentiment of a wasted airfield!

Skyline2uk

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 18, 2015, 02:03:22 PM
I note with interest you refer to said aircraft as "Concord" with a lack of "e".
Ah, you noticed ! Well done :) ( awards 10/10 and a legion d'honneur ;D )
Yes, one of my simple pleasures, to continue the battle lost (conceeded) by Tony Benn and Harold Wilson :(
It seems, from wikiing (I didnt know at the time ) , that the other Harold, SuperMac had previously insisted/stoutly defended our right to have no 'e'; so we were in good company  :laugh:

Commercial Aircraft management came down hard on any CA staff who allowed typos and oopsies into any documentation, but some of us that were on loan from Electronics & Space Systems didnt need to be so carefull, hehee  >:D
the e for england etc. was a rear-guard action by Benn's spin men,
more from wiki :- not well received in Scotland apparently :)

Skyline2uk

Cheers Malcolm

I am not an expert on anything but I tend to remember little snippets and observations on things that interest me, especially the mighty great white bird  :D

Skyline2uk

MalcolmInN

Happy days, happy snippets for a happy thread  ;D

Those days were a bit of a family affair, one of the chief engineers (one of it's subsystems) was to become my father-in-law; and someone else in the family remembers the first flight of the Brabazon !
Lets not go there any more, thanks for triggering memories , , ,

Now about the airfield, who was it that allowed Bradly Stoke to be built and thus scupper the chances of Filton becoming an airport ?
No lets not go there either, this is a happy thread,

so,
what will todays youngsters remember as great of Britain today, , , in 50++ years ?   ?    ?

Anyone ?

jonclox

:claphappy: Just had a Gps check up and she is so happy with me that I don't have to see her again till the New Year.  :claphappy: :claphappy:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tom U

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on October 19, 2015, 11:32:50 AM
:claphappy: Just had a Gps check up and she is so happy with me that I don't have to see her again till the New Year.  :claphappy: :claphappy:

Nice one, Jon  :thumbsup:

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Caz

Superb news Jon, now there's no excuse for not cracking on with the modelling.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Oldun

Placed an order for 2 x Kato n gauge Unitrack 15° Crossing Left 186mm 20-300 from Japan. They sent
only one. I emailed them and informed them as to the situation. Outcome was a 'sorry' email, other
item sent & a 50% refund of the total purchase price. Finished up with a BOGOF deal  8) Neither had any
postage attached (post free)

Roger

PS.

Re the above, each item cost £7.40 so x 2 = £14.80. 50% refund, total cost for 2 = £7.40. So far so good.

I have just looked at the postage (these items came free P & P) and it totalled £ 16.48  :o

Question now is, how did they make if any, a profit with my order :hmmm:
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

railsquid

Glad to hear jonclox's satellite navigation system is working ( ??? ).

Meanwhile Mrs. SWMBO bought me a level-crossing kit while on a mission to obtain Babysquid-related bureaucratic papers to obtain a passport for aforementioned offspring. I am blessed. Though in #firstworldproblems not only is it the one I have already, by freaky coincidence around the same time I was out buying the one I did want (well I was buying a toy for aforementioned offspring and it would have been rude not to visit the model railway store on the same floor).

paulprice

Not sure if this should go on the happy thread, as I'm beginning to worry about my memory......Not sure if this should go on the happy thread, as I'm beginning to worry about my memory  :confused1:

However last night, while looking for a stannier tender amongst my shoe boxes of secrets, I found two 8F's I did not realise I had, a pair of black fives and, a damaged class 5 chassis with a note written in my hand, saying don't forget to convert this to a Capprotti 5 you numpty........ :goggleeyes:

Am I going mad??

Agrippa

While looking amongst my shoe boxes I found a pair of black brogues.... :D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on October 27, 2015, 09:38:58 AM
That'll be a 'Yes', then :-X

In that case I knew wearing my wangers outside my trousers today was cutting edge fashion  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations