Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

Quote from: railsquid on October 09, 2015, 12:00:45 AM

Whisky, drugs and loose women?
Ah, I see what was disturbing me about that suggestion :

Whisky, drugs   and    OR loose women

heheee
thanks y'all suggestions, one bottle of Laphroaig aquired (last of the big spenders ! ) so there may a little delay before I return to making wise posts  :o

Bob Tidbury

MalcolmAl
Of course just to keep the comments coming you could buy a Union mills Dean Goods in green or black Ha Ha Ha ,
That would last even longer than a bottle of whiskey. What's Laphroaig ?
Bob.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 09, 2015, 12:37:47 PM
you could buy a Union mills Dean Goods in green or black Ha Ha Ha ,
What's Laphroaig ?
Ha ha , get thee behind me, Satan ! yes, very tempting, I was wondering just how far I should bend Rule1 :)
Ambrosia, aka nectar of the Gods, my favourite Islay malt, but I am willing to accept Lagavulin or Ardbeg , , ,
who am I kidding I'll accept any malt whisky !! lol!
but Laphroaig is a nice strongly peat smoke flavoured example of the breed.
Just dont go chasing haggis ( regardless of right- or left-handed ones ) after consuming a bottle.

Newportnobby

Another vote for Laphroaig here (although I much prefer Bushmills Black Bush) :)

Quote from: steve836 on October 09, 2015, 11:13:53 AM
you could put it toward a new loco which would last a lot longer.

Sadly that ain't necessarily so :uneasy:

Bob Tidbury

SWMBO Could see how exited I was with my green Dean Goods that she has ordered the black one for me .

As I don't drink I didn't know of the names of Whisky.

I think it's amazing how Hagis manage to breed the chances of a left hand one meeting a right hand one during the breeding season must be very rare and then they might fall off the side of the mountain .

Now on a more serious note I hope every thing goes well for my mate Newport Nobby when he has his operation ,but why he doesn't have a Stuart Turner pump fitted instead of a by pass  I don't know ,or is he getting into transport now instead of railways
As he usually says I'll get my hat and coat the Taxi is outside.
Bob

daveg

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 09, 2015, 03:00:08 PM
SWMBO Could see how exited I was with my green Dean Goods that she has ordered the black one for me .

As I don't drink I didn't know of the names of Whisky.

I think it's amazing how Hagis manage to breed the chances of a left hand one meeting a right hand one during the breeding season must be very rare and then they might fall off the side of the mountain .

Now on a more serious note I hope every thing goes well for my mate Newport Nobby when he has his operation ,but why he doesn't have a Stuart Turner pump fitted instead of a by pass  I don't know ,or is he getting into transport now instead of railways
As he usually says I'll get my hat and coat the Taxi is outside.
Bob

Don't listen to him Mick!

Just had a Stuart Turner shower pump fitted here at Cherry Orchard and it rattles the bones of the old place sommat wicked! You'd need to go around with a very heavy anorak or lots of sound insulation.  :D

Dave G

Ozymandias

I just played my third game of hockey since I was twelve (I'm 46). I was hopeless then and I'm hopeless now - but I  SCORED A GOOOOAL!!!!!!
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Newportnobby

Quote from: Ozymandias on October 09, 2015, 11:02:58 PM
I just played my third game of hockey since I was twelve (I'm 46). I was hopeless then and I'm hopeless now - but I  SCORED A GOOOOAL!!!!!!

Ah - but was it in the other team's net? :P ;)

MalcolmInN

It seems ages since we had a "Flu jab" post so i did a search,
oh heck !
Failing to find NPN's medical thread I'll put it here :

today yet another consultation on the continuing heart saga, which you dont want to know,,,,
At the end of the consultation I was blindsided by Doc when :
he locked the door,
grinned,
whipped out a tray of syringes,
enquired "Flu jab ? " ?
Or, more correctly, rhetorically asked "Flu jab ?",
barely did I have time to answer hesitantly "Yes" before a microsec later "ouch"

PS I made up the locked door bit  ;D
but watch out they do breed crafty docs these days wot do bypass the nurse-technicians !!!
But I'm happy, in this thread, saves me another trip down to their lair  :D

Ozymandias

Quote from: newportnobby on October 10, 2015, 02:41:57 PM
Quote from: Ozymandias on October 09, 2015, 11:02:58 PM

Ah - but was it in the other team's net? :P ;)

Yes, definitely! :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 12, 2015, 11:30:25 PM
It seems ages since we had a "Flu jab" post so i did a search,

I swerved the flu jab last year and managed to get as far as December before the powers that be dumped a dose of bronchitis on me instead :'(

mr bachmann

driving (crusing  :D ) down the local A road dual carrageway this afteroon as we micro car owners do , the guy overtaking along side slowed down to my pace and was rubber necking , so not wanting to get involved I slowed to 20 then 15 and slower still he rubber necked , the traffic was mounting behind then suddenly all hell let loose with sierens wailing , yep the following car was the local plod  :doh: , again not wanting to get involved I calmly accelerated away   :claphappy:

JasonBz

I left the old washing machine on the pavement outside the house last night about 8ish, This morning it had "gone to the recyclers" by half seven :)

That is how the world should work, no paying the Council to take it away or tip it :)

Ozymandias

Quote from: mr bachmann on October 14, 2015, 07:56:33 PM
driving (crusing  :D ) down the local A road dual carrageway this afteroon as we micro car owners do , the guy overtaking along side slowed down to my pace and was rubber necking , so not wanting to get involved I slowed to 20 then 15 and slower still he rubber necked , the traffic was mounting behind then suddenly all hell let loose with sierens wailing , yep the following car was the local plod  :doh: , again not wanting to get involved I calmly accelerated away   :claphappy:

What sort of micro car...?

mr bachmann

just a humble under powered Bond , you know the one everyone assumes you lift the bonnet and kick start - but to the inexperianced kick starter they kick back  :D

happy to-day the family car sailed through the annual MOT   :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations