Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeBee

That is great news to hear  :thumbsup:

Take it easy cleaning your track, then at least you can over exercise your locos whilst taking it easy  :NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

Thanks John, at the moment I am being fussed over by SWMBO asking if I feel upto  playing trains ( her words) or I should just rest in the sitting room, guess what I said, on my way to the layout now.
Graham

jonclox

Quote from: GeeBee on June 29, 2015, 03:17:33 PM
Out of Hospital after heart attack just been cleared back to normal occupations with the rider not to over do things but after 2 weeks in there I am looking forward to playing Exercising the loco's for a couple of hours after I have cleaned the track.
Great to know your OK but don't rush things for a while
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

So glad to hear you're OK, Graham.
Perhaps we should all educate our doctors about the therapeutic value of watching trains go by :)
Stroking the pet (in my case, the cat) at the same time doubles the efficacy of such therapy.

talisman56

Quote from: newportnobby on June 29, 2015, 04:21:08 PM

Stroking the pet (in my case, the cat)...

"Good morning, Mr Bond..."
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: GeeBee on June 29, 2015, 03:17:33 PM
Out of Hospital after heart attack just been cleared back to normal occupations with the rider not to over do things but after 2 weeks in there I am looking forward to playing Exercising the loco's for a couple of hours after I have cleaned the track.

Great news GeeBee.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

port perran

That's good news but do take things easy.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Lovstrom

Haaapyyyy ...going on vacation tomorrow. Going to spend some time in Sweden with family and to get lost into myself holding my flyfishing rod beside a good streaming river up north.

Sven

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lovstrom on June 29, 2015, 07:39:03 PM
Haaapyyyy ...going on vacation tomorrow. Going to spend some time in Sweden with family and to get lost into myself holding my flyfishing rod beside a good streaming river up north.

Sven

Enjoy! Have a great time.

GeeBee

Quote from: port perran on June 29, 2015, 07:26:52 PM
That's good news but do take things easy.

Many thanks PP finding I don't have a choice in the matter at the moment I already had Myasthenia Gravis and COPD this just makes the set and they tell me my essential meds will accelerate Osteo Arthritus so looks like fun times ahead, will just have to enjoy while I can
Graham  :hmmm:

MikeDunn

Well, my repaired monitor has been having the infamous "5 seconds to black" symptoms again (despite having the caps replaced 18 month back - so I guess I shouldn't complain too much ::)), and SWMBO told me to "stop wasting your time - get a new one !" when she saw me powering off / on repeatedly to get the left-side light source warm enough to kick in properly  :thumbsup:

Arrived yesterday, and what a difference  :D  Almost went for a 29" 21:9 LG but they seem to have a lot of problems; plumped for a 27" 16:9 BenQ instead - wonderful panel  :bounce:  I can recommend the BenQ GW2765 if anyone is thinking of upgrading !  Only one downside for me - I had thought my graphics card could support the native 2560x1440 resolution but no - I can't get past 1920x1024 properly, so will have to get a new card as well  :P  It's nice to be able to fire Word up and have the docs I'm working on 3 pages wide - and readable to boot  :laugh:  Wonder if the native resolution will push that to 4  ::)

Once the 7th July has passed, I'll see if I can spot the failing caps & replace again in the old monitor - use it for the RasPi & my Sprog  :thumbsup:

paulprice

Well its one day closer to or short break ben in dreaded Southern Railway territory (Illfracombe) but I have found out that there may be a good model shop or two within an hours drive?????

paulprice

I have just ben having a conversation (for want of a better term) with a mate of mine who models the Southern, and I said that the only reason the Southern painted their stock green was to match the mold.

He said I was wrong because mold is actually black, but a quick look in the fridge has confirmed that there are things in there at the back that are green and fluffy and developing rational thought and communication. Is this how SR modellers are created?  :bounce:

daveg

You sure it's not an old cauliflower that's escaped?  :wave:

Dave G

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on June 30, 2015, 12:22:18 PM
You sure it's not an old cauliflower that's escaped?  :wave:

Dave G

Dave

they are al under control after I quashed the great Veg tray rebellion of 2014, they know their place now..........

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations