Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

At last my photos are on the bottom of all my posts my mate Graeme showed me,it's easy when your shown ,He sat down and actualy told me what to do as I went So all you unfortunate Boys and Girls can see my attempts at N Gauge modelling not too many criticisms please unless they are constructive ,Next thing to inflict on you is a video on Utube.
Bob

railsquid

Quote from: MikeDunn on October 17, 2014, 05:49:40 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 17, 2014, 11:40:09 AM
Surprised to see an FGW hst at Hereford though.
They do run a service to/from London ...
Yup, been on them many times. Beats me why they run all the way to Hereford, pretty much empty after Worcester. They do seem give some lucky schoolkids the ability to commute on an HST...

MikeDunn

Quote from: railsquid on October 17, 2014, 07:36:55 PM
Yup, been on them many times. Beats me why they run all the way to Hereford, pretty much empty after Worcester. They do seem give some lucky schoolkids the ability to commute on an HST...
I'm always narked they don't go 30ml further  :'(

DesertHound

My first post on the happy thread (thought I'd better balance it up with the angry thread  :D).

Slightly premature to post but I got in contact with the NGS Member's Secretary today and asked if there were any members in the UAE. He got back to me with the details of the sole member (other than myself).

Sent him an e-mail - hopefully I'll get a reply. It could be the beginning of the Dubai MRC - who knows? Scenery will be easy for the club layout - flat baseboard, pop downstairs and bring up some sand and sprinkle it on top. No need for track laying or trains ... since there aren't any here yet  ;D

(OK OK, the metro's been going a few years, a small tram line is opening next month and they're building a small tram that runs in a loop just around the corner from us now - they're laying the track - will see if I can go and take some pics).

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Newportnobby

but alas I have to go back for meetings and a house viewing.

Alan

:o
I thought you'd just moved? :confused1:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on October 17, 2014, 09:37:41 PM
but alas I have to go back for meetings and a house viewing.

Alan

:o
I thought you'd just moved? :confused1:

Still trying to sell the old one.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Geoff

Well I have just received good news, my lad moves out on the 17th November into his new house, I am so relieved I was starting to think my layout would never get built, so its happy days all round, beers on me.

:beers: :claphappy: :beers:
Geoff

Newportnobby

Great tidings, Geoff :claphappy:
Time to think of changing the locks and building a moat :D

Geoff

Quote from: newportnobby on October 28, 2014, 10:02:30 PM

Started on the moat, once he has gone there is no return.
Geoff

Skyline2uk

Posting this may be foolhardy in the extreme, but I should acknowledge a slight upturn in mood from my recent "Angry thread" rantings.

Last night (nearly 10!) we received an e-mailed quote for the roof repair. It was reasonable (slightly cheaper than we budgeted), and we are happy the outfit kept their word.

One suspects they are very busy at the moment (were on their way to a large job when they stopped here to quote) so will cut them slack for they few days to return a quote.

Have accepted in writing and will keep fingers crossed this will be resolved soon.

Skyline2uk

DesertHound

Quote from: Geoff on October 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Or you could just build your layout outside, around the house Geoff, and run a 24hr armored train service, complete with howitzers and cannon  :D
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Geoff

Quote from: DesertHound on October 30, 2014, 02:40:47 PM

Or you could just build your layout outside, around the house Geoff, and run a 24hr armored train service, complete with howitzers and cannon  :D

Only problem there is it might shoot the wife when she comes back from the shops.. :hmmm: now there is a thought... ;)
Geoff

Newportnobby

Quote from: Geoff on October 30, 2014, 02:57:00 PM

Only problem there is it might shoot the wife when she comes back from the shops.. :hmmm: now there is a thought... ;)

Make sure you grab the groceries before opening fire, Geoff >:D

DesertHound

Quote from: newportnobby on October 30, 2014, 03:52:40 PM
Quote from: Geoff on October 30, 2014, 02:57:00 PM

Make sure you grab the groceries before opening fire, Geoff >:D

Load the howitzers and cannon ... it would bring a whole new meaning to the term Digital Command Control  :D

Jerry Howlett

Mrs "H" had the last chemo session yesterday  :bounce:

We have 5 weeks of the radiotherapy to go but at least the unpleasant side effects should begin to dissipate.  Still, saved a fortune on hairdressers.... :sorrysign:

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations