The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Just like being at home - I'm sure Louisa thinks more of Blue than me.  :'(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

themadhippy

Quotehas decided dinner tonight will be
Faggots
Hopes it proper faggots and not those mushy fake abominations churned out by brains.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Newportnobby

My paypal balance transferred to my bank OK so I seem to have no problem.
@class37025 I hope you can get a result somehow, Alan, but would also approach the Office of Fair Trading if you haven't done so already.

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 22, 2020, 07:41:42 PM
My paypal balance transferred to my bank OK so I seem to have no problem.
@class37025 I hope you can get a result somehow, Alan, but would also approach the Office of Fair Trading if you haven't done so already.

many thanks, Mick, I had not thought of them

multiple strikes might well be the way, otherwise known as the 'shotgun' method  >:D

guest311

Quote from: crewearpley40 on May 22, 2020, 07:55:50 PM
Try https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faqs/all/can-complain-paypal/ and https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Archive/Re-HOW-CAN-WE-TAKE-PAYPAL-TO-THE-FINANCIAL-OMBUDSMAN/td-p/1183619

many thanks, though they do say you have to complain to Paypal in the first instance, but you cannot when they will not communicate with their customers. however, according to the lady I spoke to this morning at the FCA, their failure to communicate is grounds to complain.

shan't even bother going on their site tomorrow, will be too busy catching up from the last five days and sending e-mails  >:D

guest311

Quote from: themadhippy on May 22, 2020, 06:18:23 PM
Quotehas decided dinner tonight will be
Faggots
Hopes it proper faggots and not those mushy fake abominations churned out by brains.

sorry,  :-[ a six pack out of the freezer ..

but SWMBO, I and HB all enjoyed our tea anyway.

must try to get over to the butchers in a nearby village and get some of his proper ones.

crewearpley40

I'd have a beer or wine and chill

guest311

already sorted,

long soak in a nice hot bath,
a few drams
I'll feel like a new man tomorrow

oe  er missus  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

online form completed to raise complaint with the FOS, and sent.

now just need to wait for them to get back to me, and its a bank holiday weekend  :'(

guest311

just checked my e-mails and I've received this

Thanks for submitting your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please retain this email for your records.

We're seeing a high number of people bringing complaints to us at the moment, and in light of the government's advice about coronavirus, we're having to work a bit differently. This means it's taking us longer than usual to let you know that your complaint has been received and allocated to a case handler. We expect to be able to send a more detailed acknowledgement in the next 3 weeks. We appreciate your patience and are doing everything we can to get an answer on your case as soon as possible. Our phone lines are running with limited availability at the moment so please only call if your query is urgent, or it's to let us know you're facing financial hardship or ill health. For more information about ways to contact us, look at our website: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact-us.

pity the poor sod who's dealing with Paypal complaints, I bet he/she's busy  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

not sure if this should not be in the reasonably happy thread  :hmmm:

today I received an e-mail from the regulators in Luxembourg, including the e-mail address of the CEO of Paypal, to whom I need to submit my complaint, thus bypassing the phones / messages etc, and the form I need to complete to formally register my complaint with the regulator.

looks like I'll be busy today  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

Well it is progress of a sort.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

crewearpley40

I would print this thread off and add it after your main complaint just to say we are all with you here alan

Newportnobby

A C.E.O.? Working? We can live in hope.
Seriously, Alan, I would take that as progress and hope you can sort the swines out.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations