B H Enterprise kits

Started by Chris-Jam, August 24, 2019, 02:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris-Jam

Has anybody had experience with the kits produced by the above mfg. They seem very reasonably priced.

Thanks

crewearpley40

Best people to ask. . Pm bob tidbury or look on bh enterprises website and phone ray. They will be at tings

Chris-Jam

AndyRA

I've made quite a few, although this was some time ago. Found them to be relatively straight forward. Although I made a few from the complete kit, I did make a few using the sides and ends only, sticking them onto some old Minitrix coaches.
I could thoroughly recommend them. A few pictures of the finished items below.

If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

crewearpley40

Thanks andy. Superb selection of stock and photos as usual. Chris.

Chris-Jam

:thankyousign:. That's just what I needed to know and the pic's are a great help .... perfect.😁

Bob Tidbury

Chris-Jam
At the moment B H E havnt managed to get the very old injection moulding machine working again after it went bang a few years ago ,so the D M U  kits are not available yet .But if you are going to
The International N Gauge Show on the 14th and 15th of September come along and speak to Ray for more information .Ray is trying to get some help to find out why it's still not working properly . Believe  me it's a very old tempermental machine  even when it was working some days I went over to help and we could only manage a few bits other days we could turn out quite a few bits .The machine has different moulds for the floors ,roofs ,and various profile clear sides
Ray has all the white metal fronts ends and all the other bits for the kits .
Bob Tidbury

Chris-Jam

jamespetts

Interesting. How did you manage to motorise those kits?
Peertube > Youtube

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on August 25, 2019, 09:10:41 AM
Chris-Jam
At the moment B H E havnt managed to get the very old injection moulding machine working again after it went bang a few years ago ,so the D M U  kits are not available yet .But if you are going to
The International N Gauge Show on the 14th and 15th of September come along and speak to Ray for more information .Ray is trying to get some help to find out why it's still not working properly . Believe  me it's a very old tempermental machine  even when it was working some days I went over to help and we could only manage a few bits other days we could turn out quite a few bits .The machine has different moulds for the floors ,roofs ,and various profile clear sides
Ray has all the white metal fronts ends and all the other bits for the kits .
Bob Tidbury

Hi Bob

I know a really good and experienced service engineer who could sort out Rays machine,
just PM me if you want his details.

AndyRA

Quote from: jamespetts on August 26, 2019, 12:25:41 AM
Interesting. How did you manage to motorise those kits?

I used to use a Greenmax chassis, but I don't know if they are still available ? However Tomytec do a nice set of them in various lengths, although availability can sometimes involve a wait of several weeks/months. The wheel centres are slightly close together, but it is possible to disguise this by sticking some other bogie frames over the sides. The current Tomytec ones have several sets of bogie frames supplied that clip on, although I tended to use ones cut down from Farish/Minitrix ones which will do okay.

Andy.
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations