PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR BREAKS COVER

Started by acko22, September 11, 2016, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Yep, agreed, the box is spot on, frames the model very nicely. And what a great looking model. :thumbsup:

Thank you Gareth.

Graham

looking forward to receiving mine, congratulations on a great job Gareth. Hopefully you will sell the rest very quickly to ensure the max profits go to the charity.

cheers
Graham

red_death

If Gareth gets them in time for York then we will work out a way for people to collect at York if they have already ordered one.

Great work Gareth and Dapol.

Cheers, Mike

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

LeftToMyOwnDevices

Quote from: rusticged on April 12, 2017, 09:08:03 PM
Hi Gareth
The model looks great!
I will be at the York Show on Saturday. Will it be possible to collect the model I paid for on the website, or will that create organisational problems?
Looking forward to seeing you again at York.
Ged

I too will be at York - as I've just booked my train ticket...! :)

Quote from: red_death on April 12, 2017, 11:03:34 PM
If Gareth gets them in time for York then we will work out a way for people to collect at York if they have already ordered one.

Great work Gareth and Dapol.

Cheers, Mike

That would be great if you can (and they do arrive in time, of course). :D
However, if it causes too many problems, then not to worry; I'm quite happy for nature to takes its course, as it were. :(

If it is possible to collect at York, then hopefully that's an extra £7 to ABF, for postage/shipping that won't be needed to be spent. Or am I been too naïve...? :worried:

Thank you Gareth, Dapol (and Revolution, for facilitating) for all your hard work on this very worthy (and worthwhile...!) project.

:thankyousign:

Charles.
"Underground, Overground: Our friends Electric"

acko22

Quote from: alibuchan on April 12, 2017, 08:13:54 PM
Might try and make it up to York, but will have to see if I can get up for the 0620 train!
So you wont be in York then  :laugh3:

OK to answer some questions with questions and working on the assumption I have the models there in time!

For those of you that have ordered one and will be coming to the show would you be willing to sacrifice the P&P?? as @LeftToMyOwnDevices  says its an extra amount to the ABF?

Reason I ask is purely working on the admin side of things I can have a list of those of you that have bought one and simple get you to sign for the models in person that way all is covered!

But why do some of you have to live so far away? You know you lot that decide to live over the other side of water! My god speaking to my post office and the look of horror when I asked about posting overseas you lot don't half know how to make the post womans life hard do you!  :doh:

But the accounting well as I am learning the hard way that can be a lot more tricky! So if those of you that wish to collect in person are willing to sacrifice the P&P cost that is something I will work to enable.

As to the thanks shouldn't go to me the thanks should go to the good people at Dapol, Revolution trains and Freightliner without any of them the project would have not of been possible, all their work support and good grace has made this possible!

Thanks

gareth
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

rusticged

Hi Gareth
I am quite happy for the P&P to be an extra donation if the models arrive in time.
Cheers,
Ged.
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

Nik96

Gareth, if you're taking models up to York it'd be great to pick mine up not sure if you want details of my order or not?

Well done to all those involved, Always great to see unique models being created!
4 Layouts in, I've never got further than ballasting track. 5th time lucky?

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Mustermark

Great looking loco. Lovely job.
Gareth, you must be very proud.  :thumbsup:
Well done to you and the team.

p.s. Sorry about my postage being a hassle... customs forms and whatnot :-[
Looking forward to its arrival though.  :laugh3:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

LeftToMyOwnDevices

Quote from: acko22 on April 13, 2017, 02:49:45 AM
...on the admin side of things I can have a list of those of you that have bought one and simple get you to sign for the models in person that way all is covered!

That seems like a very good idea - I'm sure Mike and/or Ben can help you sort that out. You might want to see some proof of ID from people, before you hand anything over...? ???

Not necessarily the payment card they used for the original purchase, but something to satisfy you that they are the person they claim to be. :o Whilst you might know some people, like alibuchan for example(?), but you might not recognise me, in person, compared to my NGF name. :D

Quote from: Nik96 on April 13, 2017, 01:01:12 PM
Gareth, if you're taking models up to York it'd be great to pick mine up not sure if you want details of my order or not?

Well done to all those involved, Always great to see unique models being created!

All the best - and I hope everything arrives on time: you, the Dapol models (and me, on Saturday, off the 0900 from KX...).  :laugh3:

Charles.
"Underground, Overground: Our friends Electric"

acko22

Hi all,

Ok well today has been a pain! So sadly the annoying news due to the black art of the logistics companies sadly we have not received the models so I will not have them at York this weekend unfortunately, I wont lie when I say I am a little bummed about this to be polite, unfortunately despite a day of calls around the various logistics depots to try and catch the models er route  it was very much as case of  :headbutt:

But the models are 100% in the UK and I will be in a position next week to get them in the post to those of you that have pre ordered one! Fo those who haven't yet they are still available to purchase at 105 plus P&P which for a limited edition when compared with some upcoming releases I think is a bargin! Plus if you order at York you will have it in your hand by the end of the month!

My apologies for those of you that were hoping like me to get your hands on one this weekend but the dark lords or the logistics world didnt want to play as its easter weekend this weekend!

Gareth
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

dannyboy

David.

acko22

Hi @dannyboy
The good gents at Revolution are doing the dispatch for the peoject as I am not in the UK at the moment due to work reasons, my links back to the UK are also very tempremental but I am sure they will be with you very soon and eithee Ben or Mike could update you a little better than me.

Gareth

dannyboy

Gareth, many thanks for that. I didn't want to come across as being impatient, but ............ I want to get my hands on one!  :) :beers:
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations