PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR BREAKS COVER

Started by acko22, September 11, 2016, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

It certainly is looking good, am looking forward to getting mine  :). Many thanks Gareth for the work you have put in and thanks also to all the others involved in bringing this model to the stage it is at.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

acko22

Hi all,

Well as I know many off you are aware Model Rail Scotland is just days away where Ben and Mike of Revolution Trains have again been very kind and offered to host me at the show.

So I shall be on the Revolution Trains stand A-19 all weekend where I will be more than happy to have a chat to any of you there, I may also be sober (seems I have built up a reputation for liking a drink!)  :beers:
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Ben A

Hi Gareth,

Will you have the latest sample?  Has that one been approved for production now?

Cheers

Ben A.

acko22

That's a good point Ben,

I will have the second sample there and the models are well production began 2 days ago, so expected into the UK in early April, just have to hope that customs don't want to get overly personal with the iso and take an ago to go through it!

Gareth
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

alibuchan

Looks like I will have to wander over and have a chat with you at some point during the weekend.

Alistair

rusticged

:thumbsup:
I will be there on Friday, so will certainly drop by for a catch up.
Cheers,
Ged
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

acko22

Hi everyone,

Firstly an apology that I haven't been on here since well Glasgow this gs in the day job have got hectic as of late and we'll very shortly they are about to go into over drive seeing me well dissappear for a few months unfortunately this means the project will have to take a back step.

OK back to the positives well the Dapol are sorting the models but they missed the ship so we are looking at air freight ingredients them possibly, to have them here ASAP before I go and do the day job overseas.

However should the costs be to excessive as I see it then they will be shipped as normal and a very kind Revilution Trains has offered to assist with getting them out in my absence, which isn't ideal and we'll in my view the exact opposite of what I wanted as well my hair bribed project my responsibility.

Finally before I go back to doing army type things is for those that I managed to chat to at Glasgow it was a pleasure, and I was sober!!!! Which some people seem to think I can't be on a normal daily basis!! ???

RailGooner

Quote from: acko22 on March 31, 2017, 02:50:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Firstly an apology that I haven't been on here since well Glasgow this gs in the day job have got hectic as of late and we'll very shortly they are about to go into over drive seeing me well dissappear for a few months unfortunately this means the project will have to take a back step.

OK back to the positives well the Dapol are sorting the models but they missed the ship so we are looking at air freight ingredients them possibly, to have them here ASAP before I go and do the day job overseas.

However should the costs be to excessive as I see it then they will be shipped as normal and a very kind Mr Ando has offered to assist with getting them out in my absence, which isn't ideal and we'll in my view the exact opposite of what I wanted as well my hair bribed project my responsibility.

Finally before I go back to doing army type things is for those that I managed to chat to at Glasgow it was a pleasure, and I was sober!!!! Which some people seem to think I can't be on a normal daily basis!! ???

Autocorrect on steroids, or evidence of the drink? :beers:

In seriousness, thanks for the update Gareth. I hope they do arrive before your Det - you deserve every ounce of such under the spotlight moments.

acko22

More a case of 40 hours of been awake!!

acko22

Hi All,

I shall be at train west tomorrow with @Only Me , @Ben A and @Maurits71  on Tormouth at trainwest if you are about and want to come have a chat please do.

I am awating the arrival of the Patriots in due couse but have a recieve pics frm Dapol this evening and wil get them  up as soon as

Gareth

acko22

Hi all,

Well as promised although a little delays (well they are trains after all) here are the pictures of the production model of Freightliner Class 66418 "PATRIOT - IN MEMORY OF FALLEN RAILWAY EMPLOYEES"

The models are on their way and I hope to have them in time for York this weekend where as long as they are here they will be on sale on the day while at the same time they will be getting packaged and post for all of those of you that have pre-ordered one from the website.

I am as every very kindly been host by the good gents of Revolution trains, so please come and feel free to have a chat I will be more than willing to oblige.

Gareth

alibuchan

Looking very good Gareth. You've done a cracking job.

Might try and make it up to York, but will have to see if I can get up for the 0620 train!

rusticged

Hi Gareth
The model looks great!
I will be at the York Show on Saturday. Will it be possible to collect the model I paid for on the website, or will that create organisational problems?
Looking forward to seeing you again at York.
Ged
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

dannyboy

That model looks good Gareth - can't wait for mine to arrive.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Tank

Well done Gareth and all involved.

I love the design on the box. :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations