Adding an attachment

Started by Newportnobby, June 12, 2021, 05:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I've been trying to reply to a post by adding a PDF attachment to my reply and all that happens is it reverts to 'Layout Planning - start new topic' ???
If I post the reply without the attachment then all is OK. Attempting to modify that post and adding the attachment gets the 'Layout Planning - start new topic' treatment again. WTH? >:(

ntpntpntp

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

ntpntpntp

... seems to have worked.

How big is the pdf you're trying to attach? Max 3Mb I think
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Newportnobby

That could explain it as it's 18.8MB - 14 pages and quite pic heavy.
Perhaps best left unposted :hmmm:

keithfre

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 12, 2021, 09:16:57 PM
That could explain it as it's 18.8MB - 14 pages and quite pic heavy.
Maybe you could upload it to DropBox or similar and just post the link?

Newportnobby

Thanks, Keith, but it's not that important and has minimal wide appeal.

Bealman

Oh yeah.... 18 pages of limited wide appeal.... sounds a bit suss  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

I haven't checked, but can't you unload that to the Gallery?

Newportnobby

Clicking on 'Gallery' then ' Attach pdf/Excel file' results in an error message stating 'you are not allowed to add a video/audio file'
I tried to add it as I would a pic and it accepted it to the point where it ticked it, but when I returned to the Gallery I just couldn't find it ???

Steven B

Can you crop or resize the pictures in Paint (or similar)? Making them smaller shouldn't effect the viewing of the document but will reduce the file size.

Simply resizing them in Word (or what ever you created the PDF in) won't reduce the amount of disk space they use up.

Alternatively, can you open the document and then select Print - on Windows 10 there's a print to pdf option that should/could produce a smaller file sized PDF.

Steven B

Bealman

Like I say, bit suss to me  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Steven B on June 14, 2021, 11:11:04 AM

Alternatively, can you open the document and then select Print - on Windows 10 there's a print to pdf option that should/could produce a smaller file sized PDF.

It's an article from a book, I believe, about the LMS someone sent me in 2014 as it concerns the Newport Pagnell branch.
I do have the facility to print to pdf but when I tried it came out larger than the original :doh: :confused2:

Like I said, not important in the great scheme of things.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations