Notification and PMs

Started by Newportnobby, November 03, 2019, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

Just hit the half circular arrow thingy (a technical term) at the right hand side of the address bar at the very top of the screen.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on November 09, 2019, 11:17:38 AM
Just hit the half circular arrow thingy (a technical term) at the right hand side of the address bar at the very top of the screen.

Sorry Malc, I can't see such a thingy. The only thing top RH is the arrow to shrink/expand the header

REGP

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 09, 2019, 03:24:46 PM
Quote from: Malc on November 09, 2019, 11:17:38 AM

Sorry Malc, I can't see such a thingy. The only thing top RH is the arrow to shrink/expand the header

@Newportnobby I think Malc's means  the half circle very top right on the attached screen shot

Ray

REGP

@Newportnobby yes you do, but just to be awkward yours is on the very TOP LEFT of the screen.

Above the blue background of the forum page there is a search result line, starting with a < followed by an arrow bent into a half circle, that's what you want,  if I've interpreted Malcs comment correctly that is.

Ray

Newportnobby

@REGP
Hi Ray,
That is simply a 'refresh' button and I could press that until the cows come home and still the forum would show +1 messages unread. Thanks.

Bealman

I must admit I'm reading this with some amusement, but only cos it's not happening to me.

But of course that makes Mick's issue all the more credible and frustrating.

Why is it happening to him and not me?  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

Only Me said try refreshing the screen. That's what the semicircular thingy does, so obviously it's not helping.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 08, 2019, 09:19:47 PM
Just the one stubborn Klingon PM showing as unread when they have all been read.

Drat - it's gone back up to 2 now and every time I log on I get notification of a new message when they have all been read >:(

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations