Forum Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 05, 2011, 10:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tadpole

New look is great - brighter and fresher  :thumbsup:
Two rails good. Three better.

Avis1434

Must choose my words more carefully with this bunch of enthusiasts especially you Newportbnobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Avis1434 on December 06, 2011, 09:15:52 PM
Must choose my words more carefully with this bunch of enthusiasts especially you Newportbnobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

You can run but you can't hide :evil: :evil: :evil:

grastairs

A very good, clearer and brighter layout.

Haven't noticed any problem re the advert myself.

Thanks for your good work Tank.
The World is a big place, even in N Gauge. Graham.

Tank

Thanks everyone.  There is a member on here called Illori who did the hard work.....I just hard to send about 50 emails! :smiley-laughing:

The advert is sorted out now.  :thumbsup:  We're getting through all of the problems.  If anyone finds anything then please let me know, as I can't check everything!  It's been a long enough day as it is!!!! :D

moogle

Looks O.K to me  :thumbsup:

No probs here in having to resize anything.
I am using Safari as a browser though, so may be thats why?  ???
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Chris

Wow that was a bit of a suprise! Thought I had the wrong link for a moment :smiley-laughing:

The new layout looks fine to me. It would seem the repaint project has gone a bit further than anticipated!

Tank

:smiley-laughing:  Yes, we got carried away!  Lots of new security functions to learn now. :)

polo2k

Sorry Tank, I think I found something thats not as good as it was :( (sorry)

within a post, if someone posts an image that is wider than the screen resolution;
- The old forum would make the image scrollable, and the rest of the thread remained 'normal width'
- The new style displays the full image and makes the whole thread wide, meaning that we need to scroll left->right as well as up-> down

or is this just your way of telling me to get a widescreen monitor :P
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Tank

I'm sure it was exactly the same on the old forum, as that hasn't been changed, and was spoken about before.  ???  Could be wrong.  One thing I could do is restrict the width of pictures that are posted, as I find it a bit annoying myself when I have to scroll.  :)  Let me know what everyone thinks.

polo2k

Isnt there a way to specify dimensions in the IMG code?
I dont know how the code works but what about something like:

IF [image001 width =>800px THEN Change [IMG]:[IMG800x600]

or whatever the HTML for width restricted pix is
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Tank

That would make sense, but most members won't be able to figure that out.  It's either best if they restrict their pictures to 1000 pixels wide as I do, or I just change the settings to only allow 1000 pixels or less.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2011, 11:05:22 AM
That would make sense, but most members won't be able to figure that out.  It's either best if they restrict their pictures to 1000 pixels wide as I do, or I just change the settings to only allow 1000 pixels or less.

1024 might be better thats an exact division of most camera sensors so has less artefacting ;)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Mustermark

I think there should be a global restriction setting on size. 1024 sounds good.

I limit mine to 800 or 1000 if I think the detail needs it.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Tank

Thanks for the input guys. :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations