Started by Newportnobby, March 09, 2016, 10:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I saw the news today, oh boy
About a genius who'd passed away.

His legacy will live on for decades.

scotsoft

I notice you omitted the part about running a comb across your head  >:D

Not many have had such a diverse career as he had and always willing to try something new. We have been fortunate to have had him during our lifetime.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
Yeah, I've played the Sgt Pepper album a few times this week.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Brilliant guy that enjoyed a good innings. Loved some of the old in-studio vids recently shown.

Dave G

Outtenbach

We flew Sir George from Rendcomb in the RNHF Swordfish (he was an Observer in the FAA during WWII) and he was the nicest man I have ever met...........When I told him of my growing up with the Beatles, he asked for my address and 3 days later a CD St Pepper's came in the post signed by not only Sir George, but by Paul McCartney and Ringo too, I nearly pooped myself when I opened it....................Great man................Tony
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.....

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

Quote from: Outtenbach on March 12, 2016, 09:09:17 AM
We flew Sir George from Rendcomb in the RNHF Swordfish (he was an Observer in the FAA during WWII) and he was the nicest man I have ever met...........When I told him of my growing up with the Beatles, he asked for my address and 3 days later a CD St Pepper's came in the post signed by not only Sir George, but by Paul McCartney and Ringo too, I nearly pooped myself when I opened it....................Great man................Tony
Now that is cool.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

For any fans of George's production techniques I would highly recommend the Beatles album 'Love'.
Along with his son, George created a masterpiece with that one.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: newportnobby on March 12, 2016, 10:20:48 AM
For any fans of George's production techniques I would highly recommend the Beatles album 'Love'.
Along with his son, George created a masterpiece with that one.

Second this!  Never a great Beatles fan but we were given this CD a few years back and it is one of the "most played" in our car.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations