It pays to Complain

Started by port perran, October 24, 2014, 09:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Another bank story.
It's a bit long so I'll summarise.
Being self employed, I have had a small Income Protection Policy running with Lloyds via Scottish Widows.
As I'm nearing  retirement (December), I decided to cancel the policy for the last 3 months of its life.
Made an appointment in late July to see the advisor in my local Lloyds.
Arrived......only to be met by the wrong person (bank mistake) who knew nothing about Income Protection (she was however an expert on mortgages but as I don't have one that didn't help!).
Made a new appointment (3 weeks later as the Income Protection chappy was on holiday).
Eventually, cancelled the policy wef the October Payment.
Checked on-line on 16th Oct  to find the payment had been taken.
So....I thought, I won't rant and rave but simply set the facts down and sent it off the Scottish Widows.
Promptly got my October payment back plus £75-00 as a payment for the trouble they had caused me.
Result...I think !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

sparky

£75...nice round number for buying another loco ???

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Luke Piewalker

Unfortunately £75 is a nice round number you think is enough for buying a new loco, only to get a terrible shock when you look at the actual prices!

Bealman

Yeah, but as we say here in Oz, "better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick"
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

colpatben

This links in with the topic regarding the banks inability to give the customer a good service. Although in this case it may have been the policy undewriter.
Income protection is exactly that, when reaching statutory retirement age it is assumed that you will receive an 'income' from the state, and therefore no longer need an IPP.
The problem is that a lot of these policy's have a 6 month notice of your intention to cancel (they do not cancel automatically although the provider knows your date of birth!). So you must give notice of your intention to cancel at retirement. If not they could take another 6 months premium.
Another 'dodgy' practice to extract money from the prudent, to maintain cheap mortgages and protect a housing market from collapse etc.
Will we ever again get a decent return on our savings!!!!!!
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

OwL

Quote from: Bealman on October 25, 2014, 01:31:48 AM
Yeah, but as we say here in Oz, "better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick"

We have a different saying in the UK & (Malta) with the same meaning:

"Better than a kick in the buzzcocks"  :doh:

(Or words to that effect :D :-X)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

colpatben

Or better than a poke in the eye with a pointed stick. I suppose in Oz the pointed stick gets burned when you 'throw another steak on the Barby'

BTW are you the original 'Beachcomber from Woolongong' (John Williamson). Or maybe not your kind of music.

Current DCC Project

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

steve836

Quote from: colpatben on October 25, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

Or better than a poke in the eye with a pointed stick. I suppose in Oz the pointed stick gets burned when you 'throw another steak on the Barby'

BTW are you the original 'Beachcomber from Woolongong' (John Williamson). Or maybe not your kind of music.

The only Ossie singer I like is Kevin b****y Wilson--he's good
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Agrippa

We say burnt stick in Jockshire, but don't think there's a barby connection.

colpatben

Quote from: Agrippa on October 27, 2014, 06:33:44 PM
We say burnt stick in Jockshire, but don't think there's a barby connection.
Probably throw another sassenach on the barbie, I think this is probably the correct spelling of the slang for BBQ, as Barby is a village in Northamptonshire.

Current DCC Project

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Sprintex

Quote from: steve836 on October 27, 2014, 06:09:48 PM
The only Ossie singer I like is Kevin bloody Wilson--he's good

Another fan here ;) And the less said about Santa Claus the better I think! :laugh:

Mind you, at least that song brings us back to the point of the thread - complaining :D

Paul

Bob Tidbury

I thought I recognised that name we've got the Christmas tape very rude but also very funny even my wife who is usually a real prude sniggered at it.
Bob

Agrippa

Quote from: colpatben on October 28, 2014, 06:31:04 AM
probably throw another sassenach on the barbie

There's an old saying in Scotchland-  " :poop: doesnae burn "  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP