Vote for your most wanted locos in the NGF Survey

Started by Newportnobby, May 09, 2012, 08:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Only 33 members have voted so far, but there is a stand out leader in the steam section and a surprisingly popular diesel.
Over to you, people.

Mustermark

So where is everybody? This is a chance to help determine what might get made RTR in a few years time.  Might also help what kits get made available too.  Get voting!  Newportnobby has nothing else to do...

My voting was for diesels and MUs. No steam, sorry.  So i split my three votes between diesels and MUs.  should i add votes to mine and do three MUs and three diesels?

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Mustermark on May 14, 2012, 02:15:51 PM
Might also help what kits get made available too

Ho ho. Truth is almost every kit loco/coach/wagon is made because the producer of the kit wanted one. This are quite a few reasons for this. The big one being that worked out on a pure commercial basis a kit commission is probably upwards of £3K, primarily in man hours.

if you want a kit of something badly you usually have to do it yourself.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Mustermark

That is why I made the 166 cab ends!  I made an enquiry at the BHE stand at TINGS in 2009, and that is exactly what he told me... "why dont you make your own", so i did!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mustermark on May 14, 2012, 02:15:51 PM

My voting was for diesels and MUs. No steam, sorry.  So i split my three votes between diesels and MUs.  should i add votes to mine and do three MUs and three diesels?

Go for it, Mark :thumbsup:
As you say, I've nothing else to do ::)

OwL

I have voted in both categories. Let's make this poll reflect what front line modellers want to see RtR in the future not what a perhaps slightly biased rail model press comes up with to sell more copies and appease it's big railway model manufacturer sponsors.

Let's see you all vote and hopefully make a difference for our hobby in terms of what we see released in the future.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: OwL729 on May 14, 2012, 04:23:38 PM
I have voted in both categories. Let's make this poll reflect what front line modellers want to see RtR in the future not what a perhaps slightly biased rail model press comes up with to sell more copies and appease it's big railway model manufacturer sponsors.

Let's see you all vote and hopefully make a difference for our hobby in terms of what we see released in the future.

who are the manufacturers making models for if it isn't modellers? the thing is i agree with you, but i dont really know why!
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

MikeDunn

The train set brigade ... modellers are probably a smaller part than little Jimmy demanding his parents buy him "the shiney blue one there"  ::)

We tend to want a particular engine, in just that livery it had for the short period between it left here & went there  :evil:

Mike

EtchedPixels

Quote from: MikeDunn on May 14, 2012, 06:21:38 PM
The train set brigade ... modellers are probably a smaller part than little Jimmy demanding his parents buy him "the shiney blue one there"  ::)

Also collectors who are a significant market.

I don't quite get painstakingly building up piles of models in boxes by number. It's about as exciting as bus spotting in rural Scotland - but some people seem too. I guess they never got over the little football stickers.

Now is there anyone else I've forgotten to insult ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

4x2

COME ON YOU LOT !!!!

Get voting - PM newportnobby with your favourites - now is that chance you've always wanted tell the manufacturers what YOU want...

It will take more than 33 votes to make them take notice....  >:(

:NGaugeForum: :NGaugeForum: :NGaugeForum: :NGaugeForum: :NGaugeForum: :NGaugeForum: :NGaugeForum: :NGaugeForum:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Skyline2uk

moogle

I've now voted in the  :NGF: most wanted survey.  :thumbsup:
Have you? Come on peeps, get voting!

I put down an varied mixture but all not currently available.
And no, I didn't choose Irish outline.
Tempting as it was...  :evil:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Pengi

Quote from: newportnobby on May 12, 2012, 07:10:16 PM
Go for it, Kirky.
Some voters have said they have no interest in steamers.
Helpless souls. Someone needs to guide them onto the true path :angel: :smiley-laughing:

Is that the path that leads to Woodhams? :smiley-laughing:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Greybeema

As people arn't voting - can I vote twice? - Maybe I can get my Networker or Electrostar to the top of the list after all... :computersmile:

:Class414:
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

SD35

Quote from: 4x2 on May 14, 2012, 06:44:38 PM

It will take more than 33 votes to make them take notice....  >:(

Multiply the results by 10  :evil:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations