Too much time talking ??

Started by sparky, June 28, 2014, 09:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Sprintex on June 28, 2014, 04:40:24 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on June 28, 2014, 01:43:50 PM
Being a Moderator (can't pick and choose what to read) :D is a filthy job but someone has to do it ;)

No using that as an excuse, no-one has to read every post, and between the lot of us Mods we probably cover every thread anyway :P

If I don't read every post how on earth am I going to learn more about multi coloured worms and the fact that DCC only requires 2 wires? :laugh:
Apart from that, you never know when that Bealman bloke is going to sneak a pic of his Blue Pullman into any post? :D

ColinH

Quote from: newportnobby on June 28, 2014, 09:02:49 PM

Apart from that, you never know when that Bealman bloke is going to sneak a pic of his Blue Pullman into any post? :D

Don't encourage him  :telloff:. We've not seen that BP for a while. Probably cos he's been a little distance from his railway  :bounce:

I click into all the postings and have a quick glance at some and more detailed read of others. You never know what little nugget of information is going to be in there just by looking at the title of the thread.

But I did discover early on that I spend an inordinate amount of time on the forum hence the comment at the bottom of my posts re the Forum. Long may the  :A1Tornado: continue to dispense its knowledge and humour.
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

B757-236GT

I tend to spend too long planning myself rather than talking (well I talk to myself but I don't think that counts) to the extent I have lots of ideas all planned out but haven't actually done anything with them!

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Ray Haddad

The real question still remains. Aside from doing the building, scenery work and running of a model railroad, what else is left save to talk about it?

A real triple crown of options, I'd say.
I exclusively model the WSMF Railroad.

sparky

Just spent the afternoon adding 2 new bus wire zones that go right around the layout..after hours of cricked neck,dropping screws,cutting wires and general hassle have decided that spending more time on the forum chatting and browsing with a cup of tea and some Jamie dodgers is more fun than the garage layout...ouch my back hurts!!!!

Ray Haddad

I feel for you, Sparky. I truly do.
I exclusively model the WSMF Railroad.

Agrippa

Quote from: sparky on June 29, 2014, 09:19:11 PM
Just spent the afternoon adding 2 new bus wire zones that go right around the layout..after hours of cricked neck,dropping screws,cutting wires and general hassle have decided that spending more time on the forum chatting and browsing with a cup of tea and some Jamie dodgers is more fun than the garage layout...ouch my back hurts!!!!

I thought trains were for fun, this sounds like torture!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations