Small layout help

Started by gman3000, June 26, 2014, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman3000

I actually have a America loco

d-a-n

Quote from: gman3000 on June 26, 2014, 08:31:05 PM
The smallest possible as in a small flat.

If you're in a small flat, would it be more convenient to do what the Japanese (and some of us) do and buy Kato which you can be put down and taken up again with ease? Or is it scenery on a base board the kind of thing you'd like?

zwilnik

Quote from: d-a-n on June 27, 2014, 10:31:55 PM
Quote from: gman3000 on June 26, 2014, 08:31:05 PM
The smallest possible as in a small flat.

If you're in a small flat, would it be more convenient to do what the Japanese (and some of us) do and buy Kato which you can be put down and taken up again with ease? Or is it scenery on a base board the kind of thing you'd like?

I've combined both in the past for my desktop layout. Fixed scenic end to end section with a small shunting yard on a baseboard at the back of my desk and when I was running it (or not just shunting on it) I attached kato track as a dog bone loop to each end to make it a loop (it had a hidden return line at the back of the scenic section).

That way the layout takes up a minimal amount of space and looks pretty good when not running, but can be a longer run when operational.

gman3000

Well I was thinking a little scenery to start. I could probably 24" width board.

silly moo

If you are very short of space think about a moveable baseboard that could be propped against the wall when not in use.

willintas

You can get a good little layout in 4ft x 2ft or even smaller,this is my last little one but you could make one that is completely open on flat baseboard if you so wish.So much can be achieved in N Gauge.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations