Are electrofrog points really necessary for slow running?

Started by poliss, January 02, 2011, 03:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Al

One reason for going electrofrog that others haven't mentioned is that insulfrogs wear out much quicker. The plastic frog simply doesn't have the durability of an all metal unit - it wears down which in itself starts to cause poor running.

By contrast the electrofrogs I have are all still going strong, with no obvious wear, despite some having now done 15 years of running.

Frankly, it's a no-brainer.

Electrofrog is the only choice.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

polo2k

The way I see it, is the rails are metal, and you wouldnt use plastic rails, would you???

At the end of the day, its the builders choice, but if it solves a potential problem and increses your enjoyment then might as well do it.

Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

EtchedPixels

Quote from: polo2k on February 25, 2012, 10:53:54 PM
The way I see it, is the rails are metal, and you wouldnt use plastic rails, would you???

Or plastic sleepers ;)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

H

Quote from: EtchedPixels on February 25, 2012, 10:55:51 PM
Quote from: polo2k on February 25, 2012, 10:53:54 PM

Or plastic sleepers ;)

Woodn't you?  ;D

H.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations