Dan's Christmas Advent Calendar

Started by DesertHound, December 01, 2014, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertHound

Oh my  :jawdropping: What have I gone and said?

Ditape, I humbly apologise for labelling you one of us ale swilling, beer belly bulging monsters. Might I offer you a 125mm white wine token for the correct answer instead?

Then again ... you might like Ale  :laugh:
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Geoff

I will have a glass of white wine, oh and a glass of red as well.. :beers:
Geoff

DesertHound

Quote from: Bealman on December 02, 2014, 12:05:15 AM
Well all I can say is that the picture is cool 'cos there's a flying kangaroo in it.

Even though I don't fly QANTAS (me sister-in-law works for them) and I'd only be interested in a virtual Victoria Bitter  :D

Careful Bealman, you might find your one-way ticket suddenly has a return coupon on it and your citizenship has been revoked if you bad mouth the national tipple like that!

Cue B757-236GT (one of our members for those of you wondering what I'm harking on about), we need you over here from the "Heavy Metal" thread. What say you about my chronological blunder with the Qantas Boeing 747-400 in the background of the BR Blue class 56? Did the two co-exist in a period of time? Methinks perhaps not - but methinks it must have been close!

Well I'm disappointed in you lot not guessing the make of the MAN 2000 Gimme Lorry. The stale beer token is now being transferred to the first person who can spot the loco in Day 2's pic!

Only Me - is your MAN driven by Jensen Button? You've got slicks on yours! Certainly no use in a Christmas diorama  :D

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

scotsoft

The loco can just be spotted inside the tunnel, looks like it has reached a dead end  :worried:

cheers John.

B757-236GT

First 747-438 delivered in july 1989 as VH-OJA. At that tme there were a few romanian 56s in blue 56004 being the best known but i know of 56010 withdrawn in 1992 and i think 56021 and 028 but i dont have my combines handy. 56004 was by that time rebuilt with later cabs and retained blue livery right through till withdrawel around 2000.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Sprintex

Quote from: DesertHound on December 02, 2014, 11:04:33 AM
What say you about my chronological blunder with the Qantas Boeing 747-400 in the background of the BR Blue class 56? Did the two co-exist in a period of time? Methinks perhaps not - but methinks it must have been close!

Qantas got their first Boeing 747-400 in August 1989, there are pictures of 56076 in Railfreight Redstripe livery dated 1988 ;)

Paul

DesertHound

Quote from: scotsoft on December 02, 2014, 11:51:45 AM
The loco can just be spotted inside the tunnel, looks like it has reached a dead end  :worried:

cheers John.

Here's your "Beer" token Scotsoft ... enjoy  :D

[smg id=19167 type=full align=center caption="pecoram2 jpeg"]

DesertHound

Quote from: B757-236GT on December 02, 2014, 12:24:54 PM
First 747-438 delivered in july 1989 as VH-OJA. At that tme there were a few romanian 56s in blue 56004 being the best known but i know of 56010 withdrawn in 1992 and i think 56021 and 028 but i dont have my combines handy. 56004 was by that time rebuilt with later cabs and retained blue livery right through till withdrawel around 2000.

Richard

Richard, our undisputed Heavy Metal encyclopedia, you Sir have made my day. So what you're saying then is that I'm chronologically correct, correct? I should have saved that Beer token for you!

Well, now that we can't use that as a chronological faux paux, can anybody spot anything else? I'm sure there'll be some in the coming days!

scotsoft

Thank you sir, I shall use it wisely  :D

B757-236GT

You are fine sir. VH-OJA is still going with Qantas now and apart from having the newer  circus roo logo its still the same basic livery.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

DesertHound

On the Third day of Christmas my true love sent to me

Three A Class 47
Two A MAN Lorreeee
and a Class 56 in a Pear Tree ...

RussellH correctly pointed out that I need multiples of everything to match the day we're on. In that case can you guys donate 24 Class 20's to me for Xmas Eve?  :D

The Hof is making his way closer to the stage exit door ...

[smg id=19193 type=preview align=center caption="DSC 7925"]

RussellH

Quote from: DesertHound on December 03, 2014, 07:28:43 AM
On the Third day of Christmas my true love sent to me

Three A Class 47
Two A MAN Lorreeee
and a Class 56 in a Pear Tree ...

RussellH correctly pointed out that I need multiples of everything to match the day we're on. In that case can you guys donate 24 Class 20's to me for Xmas Eve?  :D

The Hof is making his way closer to the stage exit door ...

only 3 I see is the 3 pole motored lovely old 47...
Russ
Repairs - not everything has to be sent away - you can fix most thing's yourself. Ask and help will be provided.

Waiting for the RTR version? - why not try a kit?

My layout, Bridgebury Gate now has its own website...
www.bridgeburygate.com

and the 3DR shop where you'll also find the NGF MPV, assorted cabs etc...
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dr_designs_for_n_gauge

DesertHound

Quote from: RussellH on December 03, 2014, 09:37:03 AM
only 3 I see is the 3 pole motored lovely old 47...
Russ

Well I'll be flummoxed after day five then, and unless somebody can provide a pic of their pimped up Farish 4-poler then we're up the creek without a paddle for tomorrow too!

RussellH

In that case can you guys donate 24 Class 20's to me for Xmas Eve?  :D

just use one class 24....

and so we dont miss out on 37's (and anything else about a class 25!) can we have a 37/4 for tomorrow please?  :bounce:

Russ
Repairs - not everything has to be sent away - you can fix most thing's yourself. Ask and help will be provided.

Waiting for the RTR version? - why not try a kit?

My layout, Bridgebury Gate now has its own website...
www.bridgeburygate.com

and the 3DR shop where you'll also find the NGF MPV, assorted cabs etc...
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dr_designs_for_n_gauge

DesertHound

Quote from: RussellH on December 03, 2014, 10:09:35 AM
In that case can you guys donate 24 Class 20's to me for Xmas Eve?  :D

just use one class 24....

We'll be going on for months if I follow that rule! In which case the class 47 was a bit premature. Good job I don't have my class 90's or HST125's out here!  :laughabovepost:

Quote from: RussellH on December 03, 2014, 10:09:35 AM
and so we dont miss out on 37's (and anything else about a class 25!) can we have a 37/4 for tomorrow please?  :bounce:

Russ

Your wish shall be granted Jedi Master! ... don't know if it will be a "4" though. Wouldn't know the difference if you hit me around the head with it  :nerner:

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations