Map of layout locations

Started by railsquid, January 10, 2016, 04:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoDancer

Has this map been taken down?
when I click on the link, I go to the map page and the group name is shown but there is no content.
Am i doing something wrong.

Tank

I've just looked as well and I can't see anything. :(  I'm not sure what's happened.

port perran

I can't see it either but....Welcome Aboard MoDancer.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

Welcome to the forum MoDancer. If Tank does not know what has happened, it's a "Houston, we have a problem" moment again!  :)

(Okay, for the pedants, I know the quote is not strictly accurate).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

railsquid

Hmm, I totally forgot about this. I think another member created the map and it was probably associated with their Google setup, and it has probably bitrotted into non-existence.  :hmmm:

LASteve

Quote from: Tank on September 21, 2021, 11:57:09 AM
I've just looked as well and I can't see anything. :(  I'm not sure what's happened.
Chris - while you're at it, you should check your own below-the-line signature section. I'm not sure what images used to be there, but all I see now are three error messages "Sorry, you are not allowed to view this file. Make sure you are connected to the server", just FYI

crewearpley40

dannyboy

Quote from: LASteve on September 21, 2021, 04:29:16 PM

"Sorry, you are not allowed to view this file. Make sure you are connected to the server", just FYI

I get that on numerous members posts.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

RailGooner

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on January 17, 2016, 07:27:18 PM
So I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds and if I have, Tank or any other moderator, feel free to let me know, but I went ahead and created a GoogleMap for this purpose: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zva4k8UFbyr0.k1smbk9GVSsU&usp=sharing

It is open for now so that you can add your own layout and a description (please don't remove/edit other people's locations!). If you can't figure out how to add your layout, pm me your location and layout name and a picture (send photos as a link, please) if desired and I will post it for you.

I have wanted to do this for a while, so I hope everyone enjoys :D

As for layers for different eras, for now I think we should put our dates in the location description and worry about breaking it out into layers if/when we have more than 50 or so locations added, but if this is something everyone wants right away, I don't mind doing it :D

EDIT: For those wanting to add their layout to the map, see reply 36 below for instructions and PM me if you need help.

LASteve

Newportnobby

There's summat not right as loads of layouts (including my two) are not shown any more ???

LASteve

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 21, 2021, 07:48:36 PM
There's summat not right as loads of layouts (including my two) are not shown any more ???
This is a new map, I believe. The old one went to the great bitbucket in the sky.

Bealman

That's funny, I'm on there, right down to Chez Bealman!

I don't remember putting myself on there, though.

At the moment I have the whole continent of Australia to meself. Bealman rules OK  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Oh no I'm not now! My brief dictatorship was extemely short-lived!  :'(

So I dunno wots going on there.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

LASteve

You planted your flag first, George. In the great spirit of colonialism, the continent belongs to you. Just change the name to Bealstralia and no-one will argue. (Well, plenty of people will argue but, let's face it, planting a flag means Righful Possession). Just ask Eddie Izzard

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations