Hatton's Beyer-Garratt

Started by N_GaugeModeller, November 16, 2019, 11:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_GaugeModeller

Hi

Anyone here with their ear close to the ground know if Hattons still expect to deliver their n-gauge beyer garratt in January 2020 as still shown on their website or is it likly to be some time before we see the beast.

Thanks

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

Roy L S

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on November 16, 2019, 11:09:00 PM
Hi

Anyone here with their ear close to the ground know if Hattons still expect to deliver their n-gauge beyer garratt in January 2020 as still shown on their website or is it likly to be some time before we see the beast.

Thanks

NGM

I put in my order when announced. They won't actually say it will be delayed beyond 2020 (I have asked the direct question on RM Web) but as it is currently only at the CAD stage, given the usual timings for such things, I think it realistic to expect it will be at least another year before it arrives.

Regards

Roy

N_GaugeModeller

Thanks

That's a shame SWMBO has limited me to one big purchase in 2020 and was hopping it would be the Garratt but if you are correct for it being another year it now looks like the Farish 8F will be here first as that's supposed to be here around June 2020.

NGM

There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

honestjudge

Just out of interest, do you ever limit SWMBO on expenditure?

emjaybee

Quote from: honestjudge on November 17, 2019, 04:21:13 PM

Blimey, you're brave! Or single.

;D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

BramptonBranch

A man who defies his wife is not married long lol....
You can never have to many Warships!

RailGooner

A man who defies his wife, risks making a widow of her! :dighole:

honestjudge

Quote from: BramptonBranch on November 17, 2019, 06:35:06 PM

;D
Lolll,  I have never needed to defy my dearest. She earns more money than me, she is also a member of the NGS and treasurer of our MRC!
The notion that I would only be allowed to purchase 1 Loco a year could possibly grounds for divorce. Thankfully I have lots of them. :claphappy:

Newportnobby

Quote from: honestjudge on November 17, 2019, 07:38:23 PM

;D
Lolll,  I have never needed to defy my dearest. She earns more money than me, she is also a member of the NGS and treasurer of our MRC!
The notion that I would only be allowed to purchase 1 Loco a year could possibly be grounds for divorce. Thankfully I have lots of them. :claphappy:

Locos or grounds? :uneasy: ;)

N_GaugeModeller

Quote from: honestjudge on November 17, 2019, 04:21:13 PM

SWMBO is the sole wage earner in my house so no I do not limit her spending and am thankful when she lets me buy for one of my hobbies.

Dickydcc

Defying the finance committee, you lot will get me shot  :D
Still the last time I got moaned at; with a reply of "you can never have enough locos dear", I probably don't help myself!!

honestjudge

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 17, 2019, 08:33:51 PM
Quote from: honestjudge on November 17, 2019, 07:38:23 PM

;D
The notion that I would only be allowed to purchase 1 Loco a year could possibly be grounds for divorce. Thankfully I have lots of them. :claphappy:

Locos or grounds? :uneasy: ;)

I'll leave that for you to ponder.

N_GaugeModeller

Just spoke to Hattons about this and they are still saying January 2020, perhaps they are not going to show any engineering prototypes or pre painted samples like Farish and Dapol do

Would be nice if it's true

NGM

Roy L S

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on November 20, 2019, 02:41:02 PM
Just spoke to Hattons about this and they are still saying January 2020, perhaps they are not going to show any engineering prototypes or pre painted samples like Farish and Dapol do

Would be nice if it's true

NGM

It really would be, but the only logical reasoning for that possibility is the one you suggest.

That is certainly at odds the conversation I had with someone on the Hattons stand at the Great Electric Train Show on the 12th October - they said still at CAD stage and wouldn't be drawn on a release date but it certainly didn't sound imminent.

We will see but I for one am not holding my breath...

Roy

Roy L S

Spoke to a very helpful chap on the Hattons Stand yesterday. I queried why no publicity for the Garratt and asked where it is at. the answer is that it is still at CAD stage and so far orders have been disappointing, it proceeding to tooling therefore appears far from a nailed on certainty currently. I queried the choice of model and apparently the reasoning in part at least was because their 00 model had been their best seller to date. According to this gentleman Hattons reckon N Gauge Market is 10-12% of 00, this is at odds with Bachmann and I do wonder (suspect) it reflects their experience currently without the Farish range to sell...

He did say that this lack of take up didn't necessarily mean their minds were closed to further models in N but the message seems clear, if you want an N Gauge Garratt then it doesn't seem like it will happen without more pre-orders.

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations