So You've Succumbed........ And Had To Buy.................?

Started by mickeyflinn, December 13, 2014, 10:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeyflinn

Generally not being someone who buys weathered stock (I bought the new Farish green 37 from the Taiwanese eBay seller because it was unweathered), I've given in and bought the weathered green Class 22 and milk tankers monthly special available from Dapol.

I was just wondering what other members had bought when they'd finally given in, and had to buy?

austinbob

Exactly the same as you. Couldn't resist at £120. No more pocket money till next Xmas!
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

railsquid

The Dapol monthlies are certainly causing me some succumbage... Though the class 22 fails to light my personal fire of desire so have been able to resist that quite easily.

I also haunt various 1st 2nd hand retailers here in Tokyo and am unable to resist providing various items of British and European stock which surface from time to time with a good home. This is besides the primary "hit list" of Japanese items I would very much like to have, and the secondary list of items which I'd like to have at the right (discounted) price.

Newportnobby

With my main layout being based in Oxfordshire there was no way I could justify a Blue Pullman (Rule 1 doesn't exist for me :no:) but when it came out I just had to have one.
Everything else I have can be justified :)

ChrisWV10

Still holding out on a BP tho' I expect my resolve to crumble with some christmas donations to the train fund.

C. :)

austinbob

Got blue Pullman. Haven't got my layout sorted yet so watch it going round my test loop endlessly with a glass of wine in one hand. Beats Coronation Street any day.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

PhilD

Well, I don't have a layout, or a test track...... but I've got a blue Pullman!

Phil

johnlambert

Despite mainly being interedted in 1960s Western region stuff working around Warwickshire I couldn't resist a Dapol B1 in LNER green.  Then I had to get some teak coaches to go with it...

I also had to have the Graham Farish 4CEP as I wanted a Southern Region EMU for years.

Hailstone

I wish I hadn't looked at this thread  - it's just cost me £120, couldn't resist the weathered class 22

Regards,

Alex

Croxy

Been waiting and waiting.....ordered my Class 37 in BR Blue Large Logo......  :beers:

earlier this week saw the deal Dapol had  on an EWS class 58 DCC fitted......70 Pounds!  :D

Sure there's one or two items coming for me later in the month!!!

Rule 1!!!!
If you like it run it......

Bealman

Great to see so many people succumbing to a BP. By the way, they look like this  :D
[smg id=9027 type=preview align=center width=400]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NeMo

Re: the Dapol special. It says it's a green 22, but the photo shows a blue one. Anyone know what's actually in the offer?

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

austinbob

Quote from: NeMo on December 14, 2014, 09:46:24 AM
Re: the Dapol special. It says it's a green 22, but the photo shows a blue one. Anyone know what's actually in the offer?

Cheers, NeMo

Its supposed to be green - I've ordered one on that basis. I believe there is another thread discussing this issue which came to the conclusion its green.

Bob Austin

NeMo

Quote from: austinbob on December 14, 2014, 09:57:49 AM
Its supposed to be green - I've ordered one on that basis. I believe there is another thread discussing this issue which came to the conclusion its green.
Thanks. I just e-mailed them. 2D-012-006 is supposedly the green 22 with white (~1930s) United Dairies tankers. But blue with silver tankers would be more useful to me. We shall see what they say!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

austinbob

Quote from: NeMo on December 14, 2014, 10:00:33 AM
Quote from: austinbob on December 14, 2014, 09:57:49 AM
Thanks. I just e-mailed them. 2D-012-006 is supposedly the green 22 with white (~1930s) United Dairies tankers. But blue with silver tankers would be more useful to me. We shall see what they say!

Cheers, NeMo

Unfortunately the Blue version is still at full price of £179.95 if you order it from Dapol direct.

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations