The PETER CHARLES FAGG competition

Started by Newportnobby, May 01, 2018, 11:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Many of you may remember Peter Charles Fagg, a true gentleman of a forum member whose posts usually began with the words 'Friends.......'
Sadly in 2016 Peter passed away but, being the sort of chap he was, he left a sum of money for use by the forum and it has been decided to hold a competition with 2 maroon MK1 coaches as a prize. Not just any old MK1s, though. These have been 'branded' with the wording........

Peter Charles Fagg – Man of Kent

It has been decided to hold an annual photographic competition in Peter's memory as we feel Peter's enthusiasm for railway modelling and photos of such would be appreciated by him.

And so, for your delectation.....................

THE
PETER CHARLES FAGG
'MAN OF KENT'

LAYOUT/DIORAMA
PHOTOGRAPH
ANNUAL
COMPETITION

Competition Rules

Full names/postal addresses of entrants must be submitted to Newportnobby by PM only and will be used on a 'first come, first served' basis. 2 coaches will be sent to the first entrant.

Once that entrant has taken and submitted his photograph to the 'PCF Comp' Gallery he/she is then responsible for forwarding the coaches to the next person (name & address will be supplied by PM from Newportnobby). Note please that 2nd class signed for post must be used and the Certificate of Posting Reference Number PM'd to Newportnobby.

Please ensure the coach is sent forward within 2 weeks of you receiving it!

Any damage to the coaches must be reported by the new recipient at the time of receipt.

Should 2 (or more) entrants be close enough to hand deliver the coaches to the next entrant, the original next in line will be requested to defer by PM.

Only one photograph per entrant will be accepted so please ensure you are happy with your entry before you post it to the Gallery. The photograph must be entitled with the entrant's (forum) name.

The closing date for entries will depend on the number of entrants received.

The Judges' decision will be final, and the winner of the competition will receive both coaches as a prize.

Should you have any questions please PM Malc and/or DaveG

Good luck and happy shooting

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Not sure.... can't see anything about mods not joining in, but I will step down

I just thought it was great. All forum members held Peter in high regard.

Bealman

Living here, I have an unfair time advantage.

It's open!  :beers:

Newportnobby

There's nothing about Mods not being able to enter :no:

This is the bit I was drawing your attention to...................

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 01, 2018, 11:31:34 AM

Full names/postal addresses of entrants must be submitted to Newportnobby by PM only

Malc

It's just the distance/time/risk involved in posting to/from the antipodes, George. We're not picking on you. Honest 😇
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

emjaybee

Quote from: Malc on May 01, 2018, 11:57:43 AM
It's just the distance/time/risk involved in posting to/from the antipodes, George. We're not picking on you. Honest 😇

Perfect opportunity for the mods to show us the plan.

NewportNobby can take his photo, send it to Bealman, who then takes his photo and then sends it back to these shores.

Sometimes I just amaze myself with my brilliance.

:whistle:

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

GroupC

What a brilliant way to remember Peter, I'm sure he'll be watching on with interest. If he has any time to do so that is, what with no doubt having his dream layout "up there".

I was only thinking of him the other day and them this comes along. It must be a sign!!!

"Man of Kent"... love it. Well done to all concerned.

ntpntpntp

This is similar to something we did on the G scale forum I follow:   a wagon was posted around the members, each took photo(s) of it on their garden line and added a small inscription.  It traveled round the globe and is probably still going last I heard?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bob Tidbury

Thats a really nice idea and Im sure as already said Peter would be so pleased that so many members remember him.,he was one of a kind , a perfect gentleman ,  and I really wish I could take part in this but as everyone on here knows I have no chance of putting a photo on a PM  and sending it The only way I can is to get one of my family to help me , and at the moment thats a bit awkward they are all so busy .
But I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to seeing the photos that people send in .
Im allso sure Peter has built the Perfect N gauge layout in the biggest club there can be .
Bob Tidbury

Zogbert Splod

:thankyousign: Very well done to all concerned with coming up with this. It's a really nice way to commemorate a really nice person.

The posts I see on this thread already are an indicator of the class of the membership.  I, for one, am proud to be a small part of it.

Regards, Allan.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

port perran

A great idea in memory of a true gentleman.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Note please a small amendment to the Competition Rules in that when an entrant posts the coaches off to the next recipient using 2nd class signed for mail, could they please PM me with the Certificate of Posting reference number? Many thanks.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations