thumbs up for Royal Mail

Started by guest311, September 16, 2020, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

parcel posted yesterday at 11:58 in Sussex to somewhere 'oop north' called Scunthorpe by RM Special delivery.
delivered today at 12:12.

cost £11.00

considering a recent signed for delivery, costing £4.10 and supposedly 3 days delivery, took 14 days to arrive, thinking SD is the way to go.

emjaybee

Quote from: class37025 on September 16, 2020, 01:40:11 PM
parcel posted yesterday at 11:58 in Sussex to somewhere 'oop north' called Scunthorpe by RM Special delivery.
delivered today at 12:12.

cost £11.00

considering a recent signed for delivery, costing £4.10 and supposedly 3 days delivery, took 14 days to arrive, thinking SD is the way to go.

It must be a different Royal Fail to the company near us. We've lived here 17yrs, and they still couldn't find their own backsides with two hands, a map, Chris Bonnington, Bear Grylles, a sat-nav and a homing pigeon, never mind find our house.

:veryangry:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

@class37025
Special Delivery is guaranteed by 13.00hrs the next day unless posted on a Friday or Saturday

Papyrus

Any delivery service is ultimately dependent on the people doing the actual delivering. Royal Mail here is extremely reliable - we have no complaints at all. Other companies can be less than perfect, shall we say.

Cheers,

Chris

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 16, 2020, 02:18:31 PM
@class37025
Special Delivery is guaranteed by 13.00hrs the next day unless posted on a Friday or Saturday

to be honest Mick, when I checked on the RM website I couldn't work out if it was by 13:00, due to covid now by 21:00, or also by covid now by 13:00 the day after.

covid-19, the all encompassing excuse for cutting numbers of call handlers, poor delivery times, not allowing you to visit the doctors surgery / chemist / hospital....in fact anything so save a few quid. :'(

Andy-S

Must be a different Royal Mail to here, still got two packages missing in action here. Though some do arrive quickly, so they seem to be very hit and miss, probably second only to UPS in terms of poor customer service. The latter don't even attempt delivery, just get an e-mail of failed delivery even though I was in the front garden at the time for the last two, then gave to wait 1-2 days for it to reach the drop off / dumping point they use, which can be almost anywhere.

OffshoreAlan

Like all the other Public Services (Transport, Welfare, Energy, Justice,Communications), Privatisation has meant a decline in the service with an increase in costs.

After all, it's now Profits before People.

ntpntpntp

Royal Mail, ParcelForce, DPD, DHL all good here; friendly people and tracked stuff delivered when it should be, to where it should be  :)

Hermes have been ok for me though other locals have reported one or two problems with wrong address deliveries on the residents group.  A couple of times recently we've had different people ding on the door to collect Next returns from an address that's actually in a different road.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Ted

Can't complain about RM here, never had an issue.
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations