The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairygit

Unfortunately my job involves regular trips to London, and Heathrow and Gatwick, such fun >:(
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

SymonC

Quote from: Zwilnik on March 08, 2012, 01:19:57 PM
it's the London Olympics, nothing to do with the UK other than the rest of the UK paying for it. Hopefully will be able to avoid most of it.

Not all of it is in London though.

For example the sailing etc is in Weymouth and the football is spread around the country.

moogle

Well as we're hosting it let's hope our athletes pull out all the stops and win, win, win!  :thumbsup:
Personally I'll be doing some railway modelling...  ;D

Wait up, that should be in the happy thread!  :smiley-laughing:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

OwL

All-

Just to prevent a possible 'powder keg' being ignited about the Olympics and the politics behind it, please refer to section i) of the N Gauge Forum Code of Conduct.

Angry thread is provided for people to 'let off steam' and not to get angry with each other :'(. What ever people think about the Olympic games politics both positive and negative are not for discussion here. After recent rows developing on the forum regarding similar issues Iam concious of this developing into a similar fall-out.

Please uderstand this is only to keep harmoney on the forum and to prevent the moderating team working unneccessary overtime :computerangry: ::)

Thank You all for your continued support of N Gauge Forum :NGaugeForum: :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Oldman

am currently p'd off with my satellite system, in the middle of watching cruft's first lost all sound then the picxture went as well.
tried other channels and no signal.  checked the system using a spare receiver and had exactly the same channels missing. recon a transponder on the satellite must have gone down because the channels i can receive are excellent signal strength
sorry  about lower case only but am also having problems with my shift key.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Pete Mc

Have you tried pulling the power lead out of the back of the receiver,waiting thirty seconds then plugging the power lead back in and allowing it to reboot itself?
If you have done this to no avail,then has it been windy and possibly blown the dish very slightly out of alignment?
If not this either,what are the current weather conditions?
Heavy rain affects the signal,even if its not raining whwre you are,it may be raining somewhere close by and does cause the picture to fail and go to the warning message.
I have owned a Sky digital system and now have a hd set up and when the weather is bad it does affect the signal to the point of losing it entirely.
Hope this helps.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Donkey

Oldman, it could have something to do with those solar flares that were reported on the news yesterday. They said it could cause problems with satellites and sat navs.

Marty

Newportnobby

Quote from: Donkey on March 09, 2012, 07:32:03 AM
Oldman, it could have something to do with those solar flares that were reported on the news yesterday. They said it could cause problems with satellites and sat navs.

Marty

Could explain why my satnav told me to turn right on a roundabout that didn't have a right turn ???
Then again, I never rely on the thing, especially not round Huddersfield!! :smiley-laughing:

MinZaPint

What is it with Ebay that my tired old brain wont cope with, I wait untill the last few seconds post my bid and immediately get outbid! Well fed up missed out on a couple of items I really wanted which are no longer available!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

MikeDunn

Either someone 'sniped' you, or more likely someone had a higher bid in earlier.  If you really wanted them, you should put in your max bid ...

Mike

MinZaPint

Thanks Mike, whats Snipe?
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

scotsoft

A snipe is when they place their bid with only a few seconds to go which does not give you enough time to place another bid.

A good way is to put in the maximum you are willing to pay, this does not mean you will pay your maximum.  If something is at e.g. £2.50 and it indicates you need to bid at least £3, if you put in £6 the bid would only go up to £3 not your maximum of £6.  It would only go up to your maximum if someone placed a bid of £5.50 then your already placed bid of £6 would kick in.

It can be very frustrating when you get sniped but there are usually more of the same things a the following weeks  ;)

Sprintex

As Mike said, someone might have already had a much higher maximum bid amount in  :thumbsup: I always put in my maximum amount I'm prepared to pay straight away, if I get outbid then it's too expensive - wait for the next one  ;)

Paul

moogle

Went down to see if there was any post earlier. Must have delivered early today.  :o
Just one of those couldn't deliver cards from the postman. Package too big to fit through letter box.
There's three other flats in the house I live in, why couldn't they try any of them?  ???
Are they only allowed to press one bell and spend no more than 10 seconds to wait for an answer?
Now I have to wait 48hrs to make a special trip on Monday to collect it.  >:(

There, rant over...
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

thebrighton

There's three other flats in the house I live in, why couldn't they try any of them?  ???
Are they only allowed to press one bell and spend no more than 10 seconds to wait for an answer?
Now I have to wait 48hrs to make a special trip on Monday to collect it.  >:( CRETINS!

Hi,
I tend to just read posts on this forum and this isn't the way I'd like to make my first post.
Being a postie I find 'cretin' most offensive.
Due to security of the 'Queens Mail' we are not allowed to deliver your item to another address so cannot try the other numbers. Posties do though to help the customer but you would be surprised how many neighbours don't get on and the packet is never passed on. If the postie is caught doing this it can be a sackable offence under the conduct code regarding security of the mail. I should know as I am currently under a 2 year suspended dismissal for trying to help a customer in this way. An odd figure I know but we are given 58 seconds per packet call and believe me we like to get rid of your packet as we'd rather not continue carrying it round! Sure, you may have to wait 48 hours but at least you know you'll get it rather than a neighbour stealing it. You don't have to make a special trip either. Once you've got the card through the door you can request the packet be delivered to your home or indeed any other address that your local office covers.
We slog round every day carrying heavy bags in all weathers so please be certain of your facts before insulting people.
G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations