Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_W

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jeff_W

Quote from: daffy on April 25, 2020, 10:21:50 PM
:o :goggleeyes:

Wot a lot you got! :D

:thumbsup:

Thanks! I ended up with a few duplicate roadnumbers. Now I get to figure out what to run with what, and what sort of locomotives I might want to get.

Newportnobby

Gadzooks! Zounds! (and other expressions of surprise)
I can see you'll be asking a few questions of the 'collective' about what to run with what.

crewearpley40

Speedlink stock interests me. Mind you I do know those who like the private owner wagons will advise

Skyline2uk

Quote from: crewearpley40 on April 26, 2020, 10:29:50 AM
Speedlink stock interests me. Mind you I do know those who like the private owner wagons will advise

I too have an interest in speedlink, mainly because you can legitimately run almost any combination of wagons and loco you like.

I have a handful of Peco wagons and some of the excellent Revolution VEAs in this red / grey livery  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

crewearpley40

True Adam. When the OP replies I'm sure we will all be advising on what the best locos to run with the appropriate stock

Jeff_W

I'm pretty much open to suggestions. This lot I purchased was for sale on ebay by a seller down in Georgia, not too far from me (in a sense) which is why I went after it. I've got two orders from Hattons coming tomorrow as well.

crewearpley40

The 4 oil tanks would run behind a late 60s diesel or any blue diesel  , the speedlink behind any 80s to 2000s blue, railfreight loco. Depends what locos you may have. Certainly a mixture from 30s up to the 90s. The items may have run in those periods 30s to 1947  , late 50s to 1968, steam era  , and my time frame the 70s to 90s. Maybe pm mick Newport nobby for the 50s 60s  , chris Morris for gwr steam  ,  also martyn, he may shed some light, just a thought

njee20

Got my mits on one of the new Dapol DB/EWS 66s split from the set they're doing, which is good, although I keep thinking I may need some more Megafrets and should have just bought the set!

Quite pleased as it's the only one they're doing with the unbranded EWS livery, although I've done one myself. Slightly dismayed to see they seem to have made them even lighter, so I imagine haulage will be woeful. However, I'm pleased to see that with the inclusion of the Next-18 socket there looks to be enough room for a plug in sound decoder. So an order has gone to YouChoos, and we shall see! Going to try for a Sugarcube 5 speaker, but I think there's a chance you'd get away with taller. Shall report back...

gavin_t

I have been acquiring a few tank wagons of late.
Latest ones are x3 different numbered green BP weathered ones from Hereford models.
also built are few up from kits which I need to add transfers too and weather.

Newportnobby

Quote from: njee20 on April 26, 2020, 09:15:43 PM
Got my mits on one of the new Dapol DB/EWS 66s split from the set they're doing, which is good, although I keep thinking I may need some more Megafrets and should have just bought the set!

I seem to recall you now have more sheds than the average garden centre, Nick ;)

njee20

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 27, 2020, 02:19:36 PM
I seem to recall you now have more sheds than the average garden centre, Nick ;)

Don't know what you're talking about Mick  :-[

Concerningly I'm actually not sure how many I've got. I think I've got 15 DB or EWS ones, about 10 Freightliner ones, plus another 10 or so GBRF/DRS/Colas etc. I don't even have a particular affinity for them, they're just such a ubiquitous part of the modern scene!

Jeff_W

Have to admit the EWS scheme is one of my favorites. I have that set, and have been looking around for more in that scheme, including any Class 66's.

Two orders I made last week from Hattons arrived today. I'd bought the train set and the two locomotives one day last week (wanted the small Class 08 shunter, little switchers are interesting in my book), then a bunch of Graham Farish Mk.1 coaches popped up the following day. I'd really wanted some since I bought a Class 50 last year, and haven't had much luck snagging any when they've come up on the pre-owned section of Hattons' site. Went for as many as I could get last week when a huge batch showed up.

crewearpley40

Looking good. @njee20  maybe the one to discuss class 66s with or John Pendle. I like the mk1s. Just need a buffet car

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations