The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on March 29, 2011, 10:04:22 PM

At the end of the day I was presented with the invoice for me to sign-off and charge against my project...what I saw left me stunned!

£200 FOR SOME LOUSEY BL***Y SANDWICHES!!!

That equates to £12.50 per head.  not the middle of Tokyo...there's tons of space around...its not at a premium here!!

My wife was just bought a "Afternoon Tea" in a London (Bayswater) Hotel as a retirement present.......a round of sandwiches that could be one mouthful and two small cakes..................£64 a head!!!!!! 

>:( >:(    RIP OFF!!!!!!
Dave

scotsoft

Quote from: Bad Raven on March 06, 2012, 09:23:32 AM
Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on March 29, 2011, 10:04:22 PM

At the end of the day I was presented with the invoice for me to sign-off and charge against my project...what I saw left me stunned!

£200 FOR SOME LOUSEY BL***Y SANDWICHES!!!

That equates to £12.50 per head.  not the middle of Tokyo...there's tons of space around...its not at a premium here!!

My wife was just bought a "Afternoon Tea" in a London (Bayswater) Hotel as a retirement present.......a round of sandwiches that could be one mouthful and two small cakes..................£64 a head!!!!!! 

>:( >:(    RIP OFF!!!!!!

Wait utill the Olympics start  ::)

Last week on the tv programme The Tube, one lady stated the hotels were increasing their prices six fold during the olympics  :o

If they are not careful this will end up like the Athens games, the hotels upped their prices and even though people had tickets for the games they did not go because the whole trip was going to cost too much.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Mustermark on March 05, 2012, 05:49:21 PM
D'oh!  A friend has an Otter case, which is supposed to be waterproof, drop proof etc... Assuming you get a replacement.

You can make tea with them as well providing its a water 'otter ;)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

jonclox

I think that this guy is overspending  a bit so stop complaining about a few hundred quid  :smiley-laughing:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/alex--ace-of-spades--hope-racks-up-incredible-%C2%A3200-000-bar-bill.html

::) ::) defiantly a banker  :smiley-laughing:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

It was mentioned on the radio this morning.
Evidently the 10% service bill was £18,000 :beers: :o

EtchedPixels

And who says the highest tax band shouldn't be at least 50%....

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Crackerbill

My desk top computer has just died. :( :( :thumbsdown:

Just won't switch on, I took the front off and  had a look at the switch, but it seems to ackle OK.  Damn it as I used it for printing and scanning etc.  Still I'll just have to persevere with my laptop which is a nuisance as the reason I have the laptop is for portability not to use it in situ.  >:( >:(

On the bright side, I can now remove the desk top computer and make more room for my trains - there's always a silver lining  :thumbsup:

Bill

Lawrence

This may seem a daft question but have you checked the fuse in the plug or extension lead if you are plugged into one?  It may be a simple PSU swap out, shouldn't cost much

Crackerbill

Quote from: Lawrence on March 07, 2012, 09:06:11 AM
This may seem a daft question but have you checked the fuse in the plug or extension lead if you are plugged into one?  It may be a simple PSU swap out, shouldn't cost much

Thanks for the thoughts, I have tried all the normal checks and cannot as yet find a solution.  I will do a further in depth service when I get time from our new Puppy.  I havn't even done a thing in regard to my trains for over the last three weeks now!!  Doom and gloom.

Bill

Pete Mc

Speaking of the Olympics,I work for one.of the companies doing the shuttle bus services to and from the various venues.
Now last year,around september,we were 'invited' to apply to be drivers to cover these services.The terms were very good indeed,except that we had to do the shuttle services during our holidays,so what we had as part of the terms was the equivalent of three and a half times our weekly wage,free laid on accomodation,free travel to and from our homes at weekends and also meal allowances.Which all in total equates to pretty much no expenses whilstl away from home.To some this would be as you'd expect.
As a driver with the company for the last three years and a period of employment with them for fifteen years you would expect that I'd be a shoe in.But no,I don't have enough days 'annual leave' to qualify so no Olympics for me.I wouldn't even mind forgoing my holidays either as I wouldn't have anything to do with passengers as there is a steward on board for that.
So a couple of months ago a notice went up for people to volunteer to be stewards on board.I also applied to be one of those and have just been told again that i don't have enough leave to qualify for the whole event,and I've heard they are struggling to fill these positions.
Well,let them struggle.I'll just go away.for a few days or a week or whatever or may just stay at home,playing trains and doing layout work.
For those that think I may be interested in the whole patriotism behind our hosting of the olympics,I'm not in thw slightest.In fact,I'm of the belief that it all will be as Al Murray Pub Landlord says.
Anyway,every cloud and all that guff.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Bikeracer

Personally I think the Olympics should be for individual competitors and no team or doubles events should be included.They'll be wanting to include line dancing next.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

hairygit

Glad I'm not the only one hacked off with the olympics already. The government has spent billions of our money building venues and promoting this rubbish, saying it will be so good for the country >:(: what a misleading statement, the only people who will make any money out of it are those who already have plenty, people who own Hotels and the like! The rest of us will just find disruption, massive traffic jams and much general inconvenience. And when it's all over, endless reports and speculation about how much loss we made over it!
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Fratton

My career plan was to work for g4s during the Olympics but I'm glad I'm  not as g4s is recruiting a foreign legion of stewards and door supervisor qualified staff to fulfill targets that in my view will be a mistake, most of the security industry disagrees with their tactics,,,,
Charlie.

hairygit

Several bodies have approached the coach company I work for regarding transport to and from events, but gladly my boss said no way! I can just imagine the traffic chaos, and on the subject of security, how much is it going to cost us to have a warship stationed on the thames on full alert for the duration of the games, plus 4 strike aircraft?
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

zwilnik

it's the London Olympics, nothing to do with the UK other than the rest of the UK paying for it. Hopefully will be able to avoid most of it.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations