Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Very nice, David. Wait till you try out its haulage capacity! In all my years in N I never had a UM loco as I preferred the higher detailed more expensive stuff but I had to have the City of Truro and that was followed by a Super D G2 - all in the last 6 months.

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 22, 2019, 10:06:52 AM
had to have the City of Truro and that was followed by a Super D G2 - all in the last 6 months.

@Newportnobby  Mick - stop right there!!!!  I refuse to be tempted by anything you say.   :telloff:     ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

marco neri

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

gc4946

This is the sum total of all my rolling stock acquisitions this past 12 months or so:

Two pairs of Revolution Trains IZA Cargowaggons
Dapol 3-coach Maunsell set (numbered 392) in BR green

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

paulprice

I just won another Landship train pack from Evil Bay

The seller was the British Heart Foundation, so the money is going to a good cause, BUT what am I going to do with another 4F ???????????????????

LASteve

It took a while, but here's my new (to me) CL37 loaded with a sound chip from YooChoos and a tiny sugarcube speaker from a supplier here in the USA.

The locomotive itself came via eBay from an excellent seller (hampshiremodels) in the UK.

Camera work, editing and scenery all need a lot of work, but I love the new locomotive. Also experimenting with my new Chromebook and web editing from PowerDirector, as you can see.

chrism

Quote from: Dizz on January 08, 2019, 10:35:35 PM
Plenty of other people have posted photos of these before, but I received my set of 6 from Robbie Burns today and I am so pleased with them I make no excuse for showing the wagons again.  I am dead chuffed with the set, a top job Robbie and thanks very much  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When I saw this I decided that I just had to get a set too. They arrived a couple of days ago and they are absolutely fantastic. Took them down to the club last night and got chuckles and laughs from the older members, but blank looks from the whippersnappers  :no:

Railwaygun

Quote from: chrism on January 25, 2019, 06:57:46 AM
Plenty of other people have posted photos of these before, but I received my set of 6 from Robbie Burns today and I am so pleased with them I make no excuse for showing the wagons again.  I am dead chuffed with the set, a top job Robbie and thanks very much  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When I saw this I decided that I just had to get a set too. They arrived a couple of days ago and they are absolutely fantastic. Took them down to the club last night and got chuckles and laughs from the older members, but blank looks from the whippersnappers  :no:

i ordered a set as well and they've just arrived - he must have been busy following the interest here!

Can anyone suggest a suitable loco for them? terrier, other small steam/diesel?
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Shiney Sheff

Quote from: paulprice on January 24, 2019, 10:23:06 PM

The seller was the British Heart Foundation, so the money is going to a good cause, BUT what am I going to do with another 4F ???????????????????

Well done, I was watching that one too as it was for charity, I also already have four of the loco's that I have re-numbered now, Well done for supporting a good cause.

Bob

paulprice

Quote from: Shiney Sheff on January 25, 2019, 09:37:07 AM
Quote from: paulprice on January 24, 2019, 10:23:06 PM

Well done, I was watching that one too as it was for charity, I also already have four of the loco's that I have re-numbered now, Well done for supporting a good cause.

Bob

It was because it was for a decent charity that I made an effort to get it, I have been after a couple more bolsters for my steel train for a while, but prices seemed very high. Now I have 3 at a bargain price and another loco at an even better price.

I will now shortly have 9 of the tank load castings gathering dust as I have no use for them

chrism

Quote from: Railwaygun on January 25, 2019, 07:47:27 AM
Quote from: chrism on January 25, 2019, 06:57:46 AM

i ordered a set as well and they've just arrived - he must have been busy following the interest here!

Can anyone suggest a suitable loco for them? terrier, other small steam/diesel?

At the moment mine are hooked up behind my Farish 4F - but with the other dozen or so wagons behind them it's having trouble pulling that  lot around the tight curve at one end of the layout. There is a bit of a gradient there too which doesn't help.
Once I've finished working on the front of the layout (AKA workbench LOL) I'll be able to park them in the coal siding and use my other 7-plank and 5-plank wagons for the slate wharfs so I won't be running such long trains anyway.

Shiney Sheff

Regarding the tank loads, I got my trusty Dremel on the job and hollowed them out, cutting the weight of them by about half, now one loco will pull nine fully loaded bolsters up my rather steep with 2nd radius curve (about 1 in 40) incline.

Bob

railsquid

I am now 800 yen (ca. GBP 5.50 at the current lousy exchange rate) poorer than before, on the plus side I am now the proud owner of this 46 ton Railfreight/Speedlink VGA wagon:

Graham Farish VGA (Railfreight/Speedlink) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Bealman

Nice one, even though I've never been in "modern image"  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on January 25, 2019, 07:12:23 PM
Nice one, even though I've never been in "modern image"  :thumbsup:

You're showing your age there, I'm informed anything with "British Rail" on it no longer counts as "modern" ;)

They did have what I presume now counts as "modern image", a Class 66 in some hideous vinyl wrapping, which I left where it was.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations