Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassyfield and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Train Waiting

The train looks super behind the 'Schools', Alex.

Birthday greetings!

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Skyline2uk

What a smart looking train  :thumbsup:

Many happy returns  :beers:

Skyline2uk

oncomin5torm

All my buys from the  Lancashire & Yorkshire DCC MRG - MRX 2018 Model Rail Exhibition today.

The first is a Minitrix N gauge BR MK1 Maroon 1st class I think it's FO (not sure if it should have any more suffix or prefix)

Next is a rake of lovely little wagons, Sportman chewing gum is Graham Farish UK, Tate n Lyle is Lima, ICI Salt is Peco, Gibbs SR is Graham Farish UK.

The 5 plank wagon is Graham Farish UK, The Tarmacadam 7 plank is Bachmann, The mineral wagon is Graham Farish Made in china.

The next two are unpainted but not stricktly from the exhibition, they just arrived in the post that's all from an N Gauge trading group seller.

I got some nifty tweezers too and some liquid poly for the final photo is...

A Ratio Coaling Stage in 00 for my shunting layout, bargain price too.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man.
Let history make it's own judgments.

talisman56

The Minitrix coach is a Mk1 CK. They went a bit overboard on the non-1st Class lining.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

RailGooner

RevolutioN / Rapido Class 390 Pendolino 390045 '101 Squadron' new from RevolutioN.

Images © Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

With special guest appearance by VC10-K2 ZA140 of 101 Squadron.

Western Exile

Are you trying some air to rail refuelling there, RailGooner? If so, your drogue looks a bit slack...
(not Dr.) Al

tutenkhamunsleeping

RailGooner

Quote from: Western Exile on June 02, 2018, 09:31:59 AM
Are you trying some air to rail refuelling there, RailGooner? If so, your drogue looks a bit slack...

:D I noticed that too, after I'd packed her away and posted the pic! But it reminds me of some of the neat tricks that were possible in the simulator.

With two 'chicks' on the pods we managed to, in an instant drop the landing gear, deploy air breaks, throttle back on 2 & 3 and engage full reverse thrust on 1 & 4. The result was a sudden enough deceleration that the chicks overtook us while still connected! :D

I was no pilot though - I was groundcrew. I remember one of our Captains was such a great pilot that he could, consistently and at will, loop the simulator! An amazing sight to see even in CGI. 8)

GScaleBruce

Since Dapol started selling off class 56s in their monthly special offers, I've been half hoping they wouldn't include the BR blue version, and half hoping that they would. Anyway, in July they did...

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Yet_Another

I'm seriously considering one of those myself.

How close is the blue to proper rail blue? A lot of Dapol stuff I've seen in the past has seemed too green/yellowish.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

GScaleBruce

Quote from: Yet_Another on July 15, 2018, 01:58:01 AM
How close is the blue to proper rail blue? A lot of Dapol stuff I've seen in the past has seemed too green/yellowish.
Not bad, but not correct. It's way closer than the class 73, but not as good as the class 33 by Dapol, or my Farish diesels. The photo below appears reasonably true to colours on my laptop at least and you should be able to see the differentiation, although the Dapol 33 and the Fraish 37 have both been weathered by TMC.

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Yet_Another

Mmmm. Thanks for that, Bruce. It confirms my suspicions, but it's probably good enough for seventy quid ;)
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Yet_Another on July 15, 2018, 12:22:36 PM
Mmmm. Thanks for that, Bruce. It confirms my suspicions, but it's probably good enough for seventy quid ;)

I think you are spot on with this sir, if you are happy with it (and that is a good price) then it's great.

My personal view on colours is that if you wanted to, you can find a photo that shows any shade. To me your 56 just looks like it's in bright sunlight.

Skyline2uk

paulprice

I know its not n gauge, but guess who just walked away from a nearby retailer with three carrier bags of Hornby Dublo track (198 pieces) for a very cheeky price.   >:D >:D >:D

anselm

My latest acquisition the Farish Railcar with a DCC chip fitted by Douglas of Wickness Models. 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations