The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Lawrence on June 28, 2012, 08:43:08 AM
Car died approaching a roundabout this morning (no brakes no power steering), narrowly avoided hitting the wall on the other side, got it restarted but off to the garage tomorrow if I can get it home.  Another big bill inbound no doubt  :( :(

Not nice at all! I hope the adrenaline has settled down. Glad you were able to walk away Lawrence, the possible consequences of losing brakes and steering at any time don't bare thinking about! (I've had major brake fade experience when I used to drive HGV tankers many years ago). Cars are easily fixed all be it costly, sadly people don't fix so easily.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Fratton

Car died approaching a roundabout this morning (no brakes no power steering), narrowly avoided hitting the wall on the other side, got it restarted but off to the garage tomorrow if I can get it home.  Another big bill inbound no doubt  :( :(

I'm glad you're ok that's my biggest fear with a car I currently drive a Renault espace with power assisted braking and steering and should it do the same it has an automatic handbrake so can't yank that on in an emergency,,,, 

Hope it doesn't cost you too much,,,,,
Charlie.

Newportnobby

Cripes, Lawrence. :o
Coming straight after your daughter's car needing repairs, the Bank of Mum & Dad is taking a hammering.
Hope you're OK after the immediate adrenaline rush :wave:

MinZaPint

Pleased to hear you're Ok, I had a similar problem with a Ford Mondeo, local dealer totally useless and never did get to the bottom of it, would be interested to hear how you get on. Best of luck.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Lawrence

Been looking on the Volvo forums, could be a number of things, think I'll get the garage to change the fuel filter first and get them to check for leaks in the lines.
Can't wait to get home for a fresh pair of underpants though, didn't know adrenalin was that colour and smelled so bad  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

scotsoft

Quote from: Lawrence on June 28, 2012, 11:46:24 AM
and get them to check for leaks in the lines.
Have you been near Wales recently?

Can't wait to get home for a fresh pair of underpants though, didn't know adrenalin was that colour and smelled so bad  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Sell some of that adrenalin to Upnick, he has just built a cattle loading dock - very authentic weathering  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:

longbridge

Thank goodness it didn't happen at high speed and on a busy motorway it could have been a lot worse, it may cost you a fair bit to repair but I think someone up there loves you  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

They tell me it runs in your genes :smiley-laughing:

Dock Shunter

Quote from: newportnobby on June 28, 2012, 12:55:51 PM

They tell me it runs in your genes :smiley-laughing:

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:..................

Glad you are ok Lawrence............

Fratton

Grrrrrr my iPhone not loading has just lost me an NGS shark brake van at the last minute and I was prepared to go higher thqn it went for,,,,,,,,  :thumbsdown:
Charlie.

Lawrence

Car in garage, underpants changed, half a bottle of shiraz in me, away to watch the footie now, actually this should be in the happy thread.

Now don't go messing about tonight you lot I've had a bad day and I want you all to behave whilst I go and enjoy watching Germany and Italy kick lumps out of each other

Pengi

Quote from: Lawrence on June 28, 2012, 07:31:36 PM
Car in garage, underpants changed, half a bottle of shiraz in me, away to watch the footie now, actually this should be in the happy thread.

Now don't go messing about tonight you lot I've had a bad day and I want you all to behave whilst I go and enjoy watching Germany and Italy kick lumps out of each other

Glad your bad day has ended.

Germany vs Italy? In other words, the precision of the Desiro vs the flair of the Pendolino
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Lawrence

Flair is looking good right now  :D

jonclox

Quote from: jonclox on June 25, 2012, 07:27:52 PM
Quote from: Joe 90 on June 25, 2012, 05:23:35 PM
Hi Jonclox

I know exactly how you feel.
Up until last year I had been looking after my ailing father who had a couple of things wrong with him. Once we got past the GPs and to a consultant who happened to be, in my opinion, a proper doctor only then did things start to happen as they should do.
Getting past the GPs was our problem who, again in my own opinion, do not have a clue as to what they are doing. Even when you tell them what the problem is they just ignore you, saying it can't be that until days/weeks later they eventually find out it is that. By which time the problem has compounded.

Hi Joe 90
We have the reverse situation here  ::) My GP is and always has been most helpful but the consultant who he has had to send me to see is just going ahead with his plans without letting me know a thing.
I may as well be just a number on a piece of paper and not a human being to be informed or consulted. He could sort my prostrate out by tried and tested means but has decided to try me out on a new treatment course and sent me to see his anaesthetist today to see if I could take a general anaesthetic....of course nobody at the hospital knew about it or my apointment etc etc etc  >:( at the end of my visit I was told by the anaestetist that the next I will hear..quite soon probably... is what date the ops. going to be on.
Great stuff ::)
Phone call yesterday (Friday)....Be at the hospital Monday at 10.00 for further assessment and tests.......no details but just be there ::) ::)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Best wishes for that, Jonclox. Let us know how you get on, please :wave:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34