Cabside Numbers for T9

Started by port perran, February 25, 2019, 06:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Hello All

I've never attempted renumbering a lcomtive before but I'm looking to renumber my UM T9.
I've been looking at the Fox Transfers website and to be frank, I can't really make head or tail of it.
I have managed to find cabside and splasher lining transfers but only in 1:76 scale. Such transfers would be a bonus, if they exist in N?
It may be that I have to buy individual cabside numbers but don't really know where to search.
Can anyone point me in the correct direction please.
Thanks
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Shiney Sheff

If the numbers are actually a plate, then Narrow planet do them, I had them do a custom number for myself and it was very good

https://shop.narrowplanet.co.uk/collections/number-plate-styles

Bob

exmouthcraig

Martin, although SR Modellers, im not clued up on T9 number displays, dad fancies a couple of UM T9s but as yet their not coming!!

However i use Fox quite a bit, narrow planet are making me a set of plates for a Pannier Tank interloper!! They came highly recommended although a few weeks have passed and not heard anything about what state of play is yet  :-\

Fox do a set of straw coloured cabside numbers, in 3 different sizes to represent 8" 9" and 10" numbers. Quite a few of each, I've renumbered some N class moguls with these and you have to be in the calmest of moods because 5 1.4mm numbers side by side getting straight and true is enough to test anyone's patience.

I'll checkout the number set and see about sending you a link, assuming they are the sizes and colour needed for a T9  :dunce:

exmouthcraig

On the fox site using the search box

FRH2004 will list a single set of 8" 9"  or 10" and a set of all 3

:thumbsup:

port perran

Thanks for that Craig.
I'll probably order a set. Whether I'm up to applying them is another matter. In the past, me and decals don't really mix!
Anyway, I'll give it a whirl.
Thanks
Martin

Dorsetmike

Presume you're talking about Grouping period, the cabside number plates are quite small, I represent them by just a bit of red paint

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

port perran

Thanks Mike but I'm talking 59-63ish so much later.

Dr Al

Quote from: port perran on February 25, 2019, 08:28:13 PM
Thanks Mike but I'm talking 59-63ish so much later.

You want Gill Sans 9" numbering:
https://fox-transfers.co.uk/transfers/prototype-9-inch-steam-cabside-numbering-67600

Fox don't do a sheet with actual fully made up T9 numbers, so you'll need to make up the appropriate number from the sheet above from individual decals.

Cheers,
Alan

Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

port perran

Thanks for the info.
I've just ordered some cabside numbers, smokebox numbers and crests for the tender.
We shall see how I get on.
Affixing transfers takes me out of my comfort zone but I'll give it a go.

port perran

Well full marks to Fox Transfers.
Ordered at 3-00pm yesterday and arrived by 11.30 today.

What a fiddly job but the T9 is done. I'll let it dry for 24hours (as the instructions suggest) then go over it with some matt varnish.

Hopefully it'll turn out ok. 

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations