Feedback about the forum

Started by guest2, December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tank

I'd say the last few weeks has been slow, but since changing server over a year ago it has been quick.

maridunian

Just out of interest @Tank, how have the traffic levels been through the lockdown? I probably check the site half a dozen times a day now, compared to once or twice when life was busier.

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Snowwolflair

The internet is groaning under the volume of ladies in leotards Zooming their Pilates classes.  A typical class of 50 means 50 HD video streams.

It is exceeding the "traditional" highest volume use of the internet  :goggleeyes:

Tank

Quote from: maridunian on June 03, 2020, 12:02:29 PM
Just out of interest @Tank, how have the traffic levels been through the lockdown? I probably check the site half a dozen times a day now, compared to once or twice when life was busier.

Mike

An interesting part of the forum that I like to look in is the forum stats - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=stats  It certainly shows that May was a busy month!  :)

dannyboy

I thought it was just the normal slow pace of life here, but I have had a few 'forum not responding' screens over the last couple of days.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Snowwolflair on June 03, 2020, 12:05:36 PM
The internet is groaning under the volume of ladies in leotards Zooming their Pilates classes.  A typical class of 50 means 50 HD video streams.

It's not just them Zooming :no: :-[

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 03, 2020, 12:39:28 PM

I bow you your significant experience.  :D

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 03, 2020, 12:39:28 PM

Not exactly a new thing is it @Newportnobby ? I've been watching them for years on the tinterweb. I think the estimate of a class of 50 equalling 50 HD video streams is wildly out, I reckon you could multiply that by 10 for those watching but not taking part  :goggleeyes:

EDIT: By the way, speed seems fine here in Wiltshire  :thumbsup:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

zwilnik

I just noticed the live chat today. Very nice new feature to have. Although it has a couple of oddities.

Firstly, when it's expecting new text it's prompting me to select my username to embed at the start of the text (I'm assuming this is a reply-to like helper). This is in addition to the username it shows when you enter the text, so it ends up there twice. It comes up for every blank line, so it's a tad annoying.

Secondly it's scrolling the wrong way with the last entry at the top. So it makes it hard to read a conversation.

weave

Also, what is it and what's it for?

Me being thick again but thought I'd ask.

Cheers, weave  :beers:  :dunce:

emjaybee

Ah! Okay, I didn't dream it then. I thought 'it' had happened, but I was absolutely knackered last night and nodding off on the sofa, so when I looked this morning and it wasn't there I wondered if I'd just 'stepped outside' at some point.

Why did it appear?

Why did it disappear?

Is it like 'Brigadoon'?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

zwilnik

It shows if you click on the main forum button to view all the forums.

I think I know what's wrong with the text entry too. It thinks it's a login/name entry field, so it's showing the key on the right hand side and expecting you to enter a username. That's why it's suggesting your username each time. It could have been a worse bug, it could have been tagged as a password entry field ;)

maridunian

Good to see ongoing development of the site!

Could I put in a request for something completely different, but which I think will be very helpful, a [Save draft] button when posting?

I've lost count how many posts I didnt quite make because something or other happened (not necessarily technical) before I had finished and posted an item.

Thanks!

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Dorsetmike

I'll second that, some of the other forums I use have an "Auto save" which periodically saves what has been written, presume it will be part of the basic package
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations