PM's

Started by Lawrence, November 25, 2010, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

PM's - do they work?

PM'd admin a couple of days ago, nothing heard!

Anyone know?

NGF Staff

Hello Lawrence,

Sorry, no PM received. It's definitely working as I have been PMing others. Maybe it didn't send through the server properly?

Please send it again, as it should be in your Sent folder.

Thanks!
Account used for maintenance only.  Contact Tank or other forum staff if you have any problems.  Thank you.

Lawrence

Have an in box and and outbox, but no sent box.

Questions were this, I keep getting a check point unsafe warning when I first enter the site, is there some security certificate that needs activated and what security is there to protect any member information or spamming from bots?

NGF Staff

What program are you getting the 'unsafe warning' with?  Is it your browser or security software?

Your information is perfectly safe if you have a decent password.  If you want to stop spammers getting your info then don't put your email address on the public forum, and tick the box in your profile to hide your email address from members.  I recommend this!  As for spammers on the forum:-  There are plenty of things that can be done to stop them registering, but nothing has happened yet.  ;)  Thanks for good questions.
Account used for maintenance only.  Contact Tank or other forum staff if you have any problems.  Thank you.

Lawrence

I'm using the current incarnation of Firefox, I also run AVG, Zonealarm, AdAware and CCleaner.  As soon as I enter the front page, I get a check point software warning that the site could be malicious, obviously I cancel the warning and carry on  ;D  but it is the only site I have this issue with.  Is it possible the site is carrying this as an advert?  and who are check point software anyway  ???

NGF Staff

Thanks Lawrence.  Is anyone else having trouble?

I have to say, I wouldn't use AVG, if you value your computer.  It's limited to securing your computer, but it's up to you.  I use Norton, which slows your computer down, but it offers superb security.

klaatu

Quote from: Lawrence on November 27, 2010, 09:52:57 PMand who are check point software anyway  ???
The owners of ZoneAlarm.

Steve

Lawrence

Quote from: klaatu on November 29, 2010, 09:17:18 AM
Quote from: Lawrence on November 27, 2010, 09:52:57 PMand who are check point software anyway  ???
The owners of ZoneAlarm.

Steve

Doh!  That'll be Zonealarm trying to sell me something then  :-[

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations